Chapter 5

With the last few seconds of sunlight, Sakura managed to make a small fire. Saskue offered to create the fire instead so she could tend to Naruto's wounds, but she couldn't look at him right now. 'He is so arrogant,' she thought as she began to fully set up the fire 'He's always rushing to get into a fight with no true cause.'  

Sakura looked over at the foolish boy, the summoned wolf had broken several of his ribs and crushed a few of his muscles. The shyest twin was tending to his wounds as her sister attempted to subdue his pain. Actually, they were all sisters. The girl who had recently died within the attack was the youngest of all of them. The twins were in fact the oldest, and the tallest girl was the middle child. 

"They still refuse to tell us their names," Saskue mumbled as he put a bit more wood into the slowly growing fire "Do you think it's because of what happened?"

"What do you mean?" Sakura whispered underneath her breath.

Saskue locked eyes with her for a split second, "I remember one of them mumbling about how Lady Misemono saw the girl's death. What if she saw all of their deaths and they just refuse to tell us?"

"I wouldn't want to mention the possibility of my death either," Sakura sighed and pulled her knees to her chest "But I do fear that your assumption may be correct."

With the flames of the fire roaring light was created within the dark. The girls created an extra fire after they found a discarded pot within the run down temple. With a bit of scavenging they found the ingredients to make a basic soup. But without noodles or any meat or even a way to thicken it, the soup was more of just a broth.

The tallest of the girls didn't gain a single scratch, a slight bruise was on her ankle but that was gained while she was searching for some fresh water. Many of them had offer Naruto a way to heal faster, but he kept declining them. 'They have done enough for us already.' This was all Naruto could think about.

Even after the day's events, the group that sat around the fire still had warm hearts and even warmer smiles upon their faces. Only Misemono refused to sit with the group. She sat alone within the temple, in the dark. But then again,  her life was always within the darkness.

~×~×~×~×~

With the broth made and dished out the group began to share stories of their pasts. Saskue nor Kakashi chimed in much but the stories they did tell made everyone smile. Within the mist of laughter and the rekindling of memories the shyest of them all decided to chime in.

"I remembered how she sang," she whispered softly. 

But it was just loud enough to be heard. And she seemed to intrigue everyone with her words. So, with all her strength she began her story.

"Misemono had the most glorious voice. Singing or not, her voice was heavenly. She would laugh with us, join us in hymns, join us in prayer. Every chance she would get she would sing. She would sing a song of such beauty, but there was so much sadness within them. Almost like the song of a siren. Fully of a painful beauty."

"But a painful beauty is who Misemono is," her twin chimed in "An absolute bell of the ball."

"I miss the songs that she would sing," the shyest continues "Every morning with the sun she would sing. But now, she's as silent as the moon."

With this comparison, the group stayed silent. Naruto harden heart seemed to soften slightly as he continued to think about who Misemono could truly be. 'Maybe is circumstances we different' before he could finish his thought, a tune interrupted the sound waves.

"Well I've heard there was a secret chord that David played and it pleased the lord. But you don't really care for music do you?" The tallest began, the fire making her eyes sparkle.

The two other girls happily joined her "Well it goes like this: The fourth, the fifth, the minor fall and the major lift. The baffled king composing."

"Hallelujah!" the tallest yelled out by herself before the twins rejoined her "Hallelujah, hallelujah, hallelujah, Hallelujah!"

"Well your faith was strong but you needed proof. You saw her bathing on the roof. Her beauty and the moonlight overthrew you," the eldest of the twins continued before her sister joined her "She tied you to the kitchen chair and she broke your throne and she cut your hair. And from your lips she drew the"

"HALLELUJAH!" the eldest twin yelled with almost all of her might before all three of the girls sang together once more "Hallelujah, hallelujah, hallelujah, hallelujah..."

For a split second there was nothing but silence and the crackling fire. Kakashi had never heard that song, but for some odd reason it sounded similar to him. As if he heard someone, something whisper it to him before.

"But Baby I've been here before," Sakura began from the silence "I've seen this room and I've walked this floor. You know, I used to live alone before I knew ya."

"And I've seen your flag on the marble arch," The tallest smiled as she sang before Sakura took over again "And love is not a victory march. It's a cold and its a broken Hallelujah!"

With the four girls singing the four simple hallelujahs the temple seemed to slightly glow. It was as if the glow of the moon seemed to begin to reflect upon the temple walls. As if it was also humming along with the tune.

As the girls continued to sing the wind began to pick up,singing along with them. The flames of the fires danced to the tune and the embers glowed brighter than the moon.  But soon the girls seemed to forget about the last verse. They all began to mumble and attempt to remember but, it was just gone.

"Maybe there's a God above... But all I've ever learned from love was how to shoot somebody who outdrew ya," Naruto seemed to say more than sing. But it still seemed to make the shyest twin glow with a strange form of happiness. So she continued the lyrics.

"And it not a cry that you hear at night. It not somebody who's seen the light. It's a cold and it's a broken," before she could sing the last word the temple seemed to sing out on it's own.

"Hallelujah.." it was soft, more of an echo than a tune. But it was obvious who it came from. And it wasn't Misemono, for the voice belonged to a male.

A.N. Sorry about the incredibly late update. I have recently been taking on more hours at work than I usually do that way I can get everything ready for college. And I know the little camp fire song wasn't the best idea but, I currently have the song on repeat and just wanted it to get it stuck in your head as well.