Chapter 3

After almost half and hour Kakashi decided to stop. There in front of him laid a temple. Vines ran up the sides and a few parts of the brick wall seemed to have crumbled away. So it was quite obvious that no one had been within its presence for a few decades.

Kakashi walked into the temple and placed Misemono on to her feat. She wobbled slightly and grasped at Kakashi to try to gain a feeling of balance. Her gloved hand gripped at his vest, begging for support.

Once Misemono had stood up fully on her own Kakashi decided to step back, "There are a few pews over there that you can rest on until I come back for you."

She stood there silent, as if she never heard him speak. With the way her hair swayed in the wind that escaped into the temple, she did seem to be part God.

"Lady Misemono, I need you to answer me," Kakashi whispered.

The young lady turned her head in the direction that Kakashi's voice came from. It was a harsh voice compared to the others that had spoken to her. Yet he was the only man who had ever spoken to her. It was a bit strange to hear the difference.

Kakashi let out a large sigh, "So then the rumors that I heard about you are true. You're mute."

With this said, Kakashi gained no reaction from her. It was if she didn't care that she couldn't communicate to the world outside of her. Or in fact wouldn't.

"However you chose to be mute. But you didn't choose to be blind," Kakashi mumbled and walked closer to Misemono.

He could tell that she froze slightly from his words. Taking a step closer to her, he took her gloved hand and guided her to a pew. She sat down lightly and began to pray. At least that's what he could suggest from her movements.

"I'm going to go grab the others now," Kakashi whispered "I'll be back before you finish reciting the whole Bible."

~×~×~×~×~

Naruto growled at the shadow man. They have been fighting each other for far too long, and nine tails wasn't helping. The man was just too powerful for all of them.

Even the girls tossed in their own Justus. The tallest could do plant manipulation Justus, which helped keep him in one place. The two that seemed to be twins could use a type of water Justu that would send the man flying back from the group. And the shortest was even more worthless than Sakura. (A.N. ok so throughout the series she becomes less useless, but at the beginning she's pretty useless.)

"It's still not enough," Saskue growled being thrown next to Naruto "Maybe we should just run for it."

"But how?" Sakura whispered holding one of the horses that is hooked up to the carriage.

The smallest one out of the girls looked up at the remainder of Team 7, "I do know one Justu. And it'll give you a chance to run."

Naruto looked down at the girl who tended to hide behind him throughout the fight. She looked to be no more than 12 years old. There was no way she could defend herself if they ran for it.

"It's the only way that you can go back to Lady Misemono," she whispered "He'll never tire from fighting you."

A few moments of silence passed within the fighting before she took a step away from Naruto. She ran as far as she could before he noticed that she stepped away. But when he reached for her, it was already too late.

"Glacier Justu!" She yelled and threw herself onto the shadow man.

Her little body grew 100 times in size. And as it grew it turned into ice. Naruto knew of this Justu, and she said the name wrong. Even though now, to him, it would remain glacier Justu.

This Justu was a self sacrifice Justu. Meaning that there was no return for the girl. And there was no way of reversing the Justu, because it was counted as a dying wish.

"Noooo!" The tallest girl yelled and ran to the glacier "Yuki!"

The girl dropped to her knees slamming her hands into the glacier. She was screaming with all her might as tears feel from her eyes. The twins ran after the sobbing girl, trying to pull her away.

"She promised!" She yelled trying to refuse the twins comforting hugs.

After a few more long moments of sobbing the girls stood. Slowly they made their way to Team 7. Tears still stained their faces, but the way they were reacting made it seem as if they all suspected it to happen.

"Come on," Saskue whispered softly unhooking the horses from the carriages "We have to catch up to them."

No one nodded, but the heavy air seemed to be a sign of agreement. There was a total of four horses for all 6 of them to ride. Sakura and Saskue shared a horse, she didn't even have to ask him, it was as if he was afraid to lose her. Then the twins decided to share a horse. Naruto couldn't trust the tallest one alone, so he forced her to share a horse with him. And then they were off, following in Kakashi's footprints.

~×~×~×~×~

After riding for around 45 minutes the group saw a familiar face. It was Kakashi Sensei. Originally he was running to them but decided to stop after a moment.

"Sensei," Naruto smiled weakly.

"Hello Naruto," Kakashi nodded and looked over the group "We're missing someone."

The group staid silent, indicating that they wished not to speak about it. And no other words were passed between them. Kakashi silently took the last horse and led them to where the temple stood.

By the time they arrived the sun was setting, filling the sky with a beautiful pink and orange canvas. The silhouette of the forgotten temple made it look like an old photo. The only distinguishable thing was the girl dressed in all white standing in the entrance of the temple.

"Lady Misemono!" The tallest girl yelled, jumping off the horse and running to the fallen star.

The girl nearly knocked over the fragile girl with an embrace. It was obvious that this was not allowed, because Misemono refused to hug back. But the girl didn't let go, her sobs growing louder and louder with every passing moment.

"You were right!" She cried into Misemono's chest "She died in battle against him... Why did you have to be right?!"

The rest of the group couldn't find the courage to pull her off of Misemono. The scene was too painful to look away from. Too much suffering was happening within one heart to ignore.