A Brush with Justice: Part 2

Getting inside the house was much easier and far less painful than getting into the estate had been, along with its added bonus of the yelling girl giving up, no doubt driving away to the next house in search of her puppy. 'Chi-Chi' was currently drinking sloppily from a large bowl of water on the ground while Sophie emptied and refilled her own glass what felt like four times. Smacking her lips dramatically after polishing off the fifth fill up, she giggled down at the puppy, setting the crystal glass on the counter in favor of sitting beside the dog. Surprisingly, she didn't even have to call the animal over as the puppy started running to her as soon as her ass connected with the magnificent marble tiles, leaping onto her once more, drooling the excess water onto the girl's face with its sloppy licks. Letting out a loud laugh and small snort, Sophie scratched joyfully at the dog's ears, rubbing its face happily as it attempted to lick her nose appreciatively.

"So, your names Chi-Chi?" Sophie asked, leaning back just far enough to look at the puppy curiously. "You don't look like one. It's a stupid name, really. I'll give you a better one, okay girly?" Sophie giggled, promising solemnly. "But first I need a shower! Look at me!" she laughed, lifting her arms and shirt into the air, showcasing for the dog that she was covered head to toe in the dirt she had wiggled through like an overgrown worm. Barking in response, the dog spun in a small circle, jumping up a minute later, placing its paws on Sophie's leg. "For stuffing your face into the ground, I'm surprised you don't need one right away, that bitchy human actually kept you really clean... She's still a cunt though, isn't that right? She was a huge human cunt huh? Yeah! Yeah, she was! A nasty, spoiled child of a person," Sophie giggled, speaking to the puppy as she petted it more, her tone sounding as if she were talking to a baby.

"Human's generally are."

At the new, foreign voice, Sophie wheeled about quickly, reaching for one of the knives stuck ornately in a custom crafted cutlery block on the counter beside the sink. As her fingers drew out the largest, her eyes spotted the newcomer that had spoken. The stranger was male with dark, dishwater blonde hair, coal black eyes and very lightly tanned skin, looking a good few years older than Sophie herself. He held no significant markings other than the tattooed skulls littering his neck and the small combination of letters and numbers running along the outside of his pinky. He was taller than Sophie was too, by a head or more, standing in the doorway like a stone statue, seeming cold and appraising, with his arms folded across his chest. His appearance wasn't immediately threatening except for his eyes. They were remarkably shark-like in quality, knifing through Sophie in a dichotomic quality. On the one hand, the boy was staring at her as if nothing else but she existed while at the same time, saw through her like she wasn't even there.

"You can put the knife down," the boy spoke after a minute, leaning sideways into the doorframe carelessly as if he wasn't scared at all despite Sophie's strong, perfected stance.

Tightening her grip on the handle, hearing the puppy growl, Sophie's contacted eyes narrowed at the boy. "I like having it."

At this the stranger laughed, the noise sounding like the most genuine thing he could ever produce with eyes like his. "For security or comfort?" he snickered snidely, arching one of his brows at her teasingly.

"Both," spat Sophie, embarrassment, and anger making her ears practically glow bright red while the freckles that littered her entire body, felt as if they all were igniting at once. "You know in case some jackoff intruder decides my house looks cozy," she added, glaring harshly at him, her fake brown eyes flashing with the electricity she was itching to surge through the still laughing boy.

"Your house?"

"Yeah, my house."

"So, coming through the window was just for fun?"