03 | Drop the Straight Status, Now

✦✧✦

✦✧✦

Taehyung walked the rest of his way from the bus point to his home, not in any kind of hurry to reach his house to be greeted with his fate; sad, when he realised he wasn't even the one who was deciding it.

The harsh winter of Seoul did not help him at all for his wild thoughts, the snow crunching underneath his sneakers.

A familiar growling face passed by and he recognised her as the old lady he bumped into the morning before. He bowed a little and gave away a smile as they crossed paths, but the grandma only replied with a meaningful grunt.

He stopped at the candy shop near his house and bought two bars of chocolate for his twelve and ten-years-old cousins who'd be visiting him today: his aunt always came to his mother's home on Friday nights with her two kids.

Pocketing the two chocolates, he made his way to his home again. To pass his time, he read billboards and shop-headers. One said 'Doggy poop 10% off!' or something like that — he couldn't help but rub his eyes. Was he losing his eyesight?

He let that thought slide — spectacles would make him look less hot.

He turned to a street and stopped at the second house, his home. The small well-kept garden and the clean driveway was inviting. He looked up and saw his bedroom's window and his bed which called out to him, so he got in the house.

And that was the only reason he got in the house.

His Omma came out of the kitchen with a cheerful face, and Tae's tiredness vanished. He greeted her with a hug.

"How was your day, Taehyung?" Asked Omma lovingly.

He replied, "It went OK —"

"Eat some lunch," she cut across him, her tone still casual. "Your Appa will come early from work today."

He already knew what she was going to say as his shoulders sacked;

"We have decided something for you." With a pinch on the cheek, she went off to her business once again, leaving Taehyung quite detested.

***

After seven 'o' clock, Tae found himself seated on the sofa in front of his grim-faced parents and he could not help but look at the small crack between his feet on the marble floor as if he was immersed in the complexity of deciphering codes, which he pretty much was: the Codes of His Twisted Life.

It was not like he did something seriously wrong. He only skipped two days of his university (the other times, he suffered the long run) which actually did not make him feel that bad. Waking up late was a mistake (repeated six times) and mistakes can be made by humans, after all!