Chapter Six - Death by Proxy

CHAPTER SIX

Death by Proxy

Warmth.  She could feel the warm, soft caress of his hands on her.  Across her collarbone, between her breasts, lower still until her legs parted naturally, hips pressing up toward him.  The smell of him, warm and alive and salty.  The taste of his tongue and the way he pulled at her lower lip.  She could feel her whole body moving with her labored breaths.  Push and pull, him and her, fingers and teeth and tongue.  She arched her back as she moaned.  Closer...  Please...  Her body was aching.

She gasped as she opened her eyes.  Alone in the room, lying on her side with both hands under her head and... trembling.  Her eyes widened in surprise as she recognized the feeling, the spasms between her thighs and in her womb, and she sat up, pushing a hand through her hair.

"What the hell?"

Alone in her room, asleep with her hands under her head... she'd just had an orgasm.

"Okay, now that's weird."

There was no one to answer her.  Even so, she looked around her, staring at the walls of the Tardis.  "Are you doing this?" she asked.  "Are you getting in my head?"

She hadn't been expecting an answer this time.  There was no surprise when she didn't get one.

Five...

The thought, so random and yet so strong, caught her off guard.  It was so crystal clear, it was nearly audible.  "Five," she repeated, confused.  "Five what?"

Four...

She sat up and put her feet on the floor.  What was this, a countdown?  But who was counting?

Five...

Okay, scratch the countdown.  She stood slowly, and walked to the door.  The instant her hand touched it, she heard a voice, so real it made her jump.

"Find him."

Wide eyed, she spun around, looking for the source of the whisper.  But nothing moved.  Everything around her was still and silent.  Taking a slow breath - was she dreaming? - she stood up straighter.  "Find who?"

Her first thought was the Doctor.  But that thought was her own.  There was no answer from the strange, disembodied voice as she stepped out into the hallway and looked towards the dim control room.  "Doctor?"

No answer.

Find him...

"Find who?" she asked again. 

As she looked down the hallway, she could swear the walls were glowing faintly, as if illuminating her path. 

Five...

*X*X*X*

The Doctor's eyes opened suddenly and for a long, confused moment, he had no idea where he was.  Tardis.  Cool, almost cold.  Door open.  Wait... door open?  He sat up, blinking away the disorientation, and stared out the door at the vast emptiness of beautiful space outside.  Asleep on the floor of the control room.  How had he ended up there?

"Rose?"

No answer.  But he hadn't opened those doors.  A moment of panic - the Tardis doors should not just be open and unattended - and he sprang to his feet.  It only took him a few steps to get to them, and he leaned outside to make sure there was nothing around them before closing up the Tardis.  Console.  Scanner.  How long had those doors been open?  Was he dreaming?  Maybe he was dreaming.  He had to be dreaming.  Drifting in empty space with the Tardis doors open?  Definitely a dream.