Chapter 13: The Final Trials

When you woke up the next morning, you realized you were at the Pokémon center. Yesterday was a huge blur. You could barely remember anything that happened. "What happened last night?" You asked Colress. "Maybe this should remind you." He said.

Colress put gently his arms around you. He held your head in his hands, and pressed his lips against yours. "Remember when we kissed for the first time?" He asked.

"After we had finished eating, you got really tired." Colress told you. "You fell asleep, and then I took you to the Pokémon center. It was too dark to fly back to the hotel. Anyways, want to go get breakfast?" You nodded, and went over to the café to eat.

You ordered a cookie and a muffin, and Colress just ordered coffee. "This might sound crazy, but I'm thinking of challenging the new Pokémon League," You said, as you hungrily devoured your food. "Actually, that sounds like a pretty good idea." He said. "Don't you only have two trials left before you can go to the League?" "Yep." You said, as you paid for your food.

"Then what are you waiting for? You're so close to fulfilling your dream." He said. "Alright," You told him, and headed off to complete your last trials. You headed over to Mina's house, which was the next trial site. "Can I complete my trial?" You asked her. "Sure. It's not like I'm busy or anything." She said.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

She sent out Mawile, so you sent out Arcanine. You attacked first, and used Flame Charge. It was super effective, and did a lot of damage. Mawile used Dazzling Gleam, but it wasn't very effective. Arcanine used Fire Blast, and Mawile fainted.

Next, she sent out Granbull. You switched to Decidueye and used Brave Bird. It did a massive amount of damage, but it hurt your Pokémon in the process. Granbull used Stone Edge, but Decidueye avoided the attack. She used Leaf Blade, and Mina's Pokémon fainted.

The trial captain sent out her last Pokémon, a Ribombee. You sent out Salamence and he used Flamethrower. It didn't do as much damage as you thought it would do though. The Fairium Z Ribombee was holding began to glow, and she used her Z-Move, Twinkle Tackle. Salamence fainted. You sent out Arcanine again, and made him use Fire Blast one last time. Mina's Pokémon fainted. She handed you a Fairium Z, and wished you good luck on your last trial.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You returned to the Pokémon center, and Colress was sitting with his Bagon in his lap. "How'd it go?" He asked. "Pretty well." You said, showing him his Fairium Z. "What do you do whenever I leave?" You asked curiously. "Sometimes I just wait, but I've been training Sally a lot lately so I can help her become a Salamence." "That's cool." You said, taking back your Pokémon from the nurse. You went outside, and headed to the last trial.

It was located on a small island, not too far from where you were. The only way to get there was to ride on a boat or fly there, so you took Salamence out of his ball and began to fly there. It didn't take that long, because the island was so close. Exeggutors were running around everywhere, trampling small trees and shrubs, or any unfortunate thing that stood in their path.

"Greetings. My name is Hapu. I assume you must be here for the Island Challenge." The trial captain said. "How did you know?" You asked. "Not many people come out here, unless it's for their trial. The Exeggutors scare a lot of people away. Anyway, if it's a battle you want, then it's a battle you'll get!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~You sent out Decidueye, and Hapu sent out Golurk. Her Pokémon attacked first, and used Shadow Punch. Your Pokémon fought back, and used Spirit Shackle. Decidueye used Leaf Blade before Golurk could even attack again. Hapu's Pokémon fainted.

She sent out Gastrodon, who used Muddy Water. Decidueye used Leaf Blade, but Gastrodon dodged it and attacked again. Decidueye used Leaf Blade one last time, but Hapu's Pokémon endured the attack and used Recover. You switched out your Pokémon and sent out Salamence.

Salamence used Hydro Pump, which immediately made Gastrodon faint. Hapu sent out her Flygon, and had it use Dragon Breath. "Use Draco Meteor!" You shouted to Salamence. Sure enough, Salamence had landed a critical hit, and Flygon fainted.

"We can't stop fighting yet. You're my only hope, Mudsdale." Hapu said, as she threw a Pokéball. An enormous, equine Pokémon appeared, which used Heavy Slam on Salamence, paralyzing him. Salamence tried to use Hydro Pump, but Mudsdale quickly dodged the attack. Mudsdale used Payback, and Salamence fainted.

You switched to Zoroark, and had her use Giga Impact. She charged at Mudsdale with all her power. Mudsdale used Double Kick, and it was super effective. Zoroark was still recovering from Giga Impact, so Mudsdale used Double Kick again. Zoroark attacked back, and used Dark Pulse. Mudsdale fell to the ground, and didn't get back up. You had finishedyour last trial.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"That was amazing." Hapu said, and gave you your Groundium Z. "What are you going to do now that you've completed all of your trials?" "I'm thinking of battling the Pokémon League." You answered. "Well, I wish you the best of luck." She said. Then you headed off to find Colress.