Over the Cuckoo's Nest

Taemin's POV:

I put the finishing touches on the aquarium home of the newest addition to the Lee family, Franklin; RoRo's new pet turtle. I was keeping him at my apartment for now, until I surprise her with him this weekend. My daughter loved animals but Kikah's apartments doesn't allow cats or dogs.

So, Franklin would have to suffice. At least, until we can find a house and then Aurora can get whatever kind of animal she wanted. Knowing my kid, she'll probably want a panda or something like that. And knowing her uncles, they just might try and get her one.

Sighing, I placed Franklin in his new home and for my thanks, the little fucker bit me.

"I just had to get her a red eared slider." I mumbled to myself. "The damn thing has more trust issues than Othello." Shaking my hand from the bites sting, I wagged my finger at the turtle.

"Try that shit with my daughter and I'll beat your ass with a pencil and flush you down the toilet." I threatened.

"I should've just gotten her a damn goldfish." I muttered. Before I could debate on taking Franklin back to the pet store and exchanging him, there was a knock on my door. Looking down at my phone, I frowned. It was too early for Minho to bring Aurora back. The game hadn't even started yet. So it couldn't have been him.

Then, it suddenly dawned on me who it was and why they were here. Slowly, I set my phone down and went to answer the door. She had called me earlier wanting to talk and at first, I wasn't trying to hear anything this bitch had to say. But after talking about it with Kikah, I changed my mind.

I would hear EVERYTHING NaEun had to say. She owed me an explanation for all of this mess and it had better be a good one.

I opened the door and let her in. No warm greeting or anything. This bitch wasn't my friend. In fact, she was going out of her way to ruin the love of my life's business and everything she had built. I was tired of this woman's childish antics. She can claim all she wants to that this is because she still wants to be with me, but I knew the truth. It was never about me. She was jealous of Kikah and wanted everything that she had.

On the set for WGM, I used to brag all the time about how my girlfriend was getting her degree and paying for it herself by modeling. How, she was such a great cook. That, my parents adored her and how I couldn't wait until the day she wore my last name and carried our first child.

I had even asked Kikah to make the staff lunch because I wanted to show off my girl's skills. Of course, she did, with Key's help, and when I brought it in the staff raved about the meal for the next 2 weeks. Just based off her cooking, they had automatically assumed she was Korean and that pissed me off.

I stupidly thought I was doing a good thing bringing her on set soon after that and introducing her to the staff and NaEun. I should've realized back then that once she saw the way Kikah carried herself and how affectionate we were with one another, it would end up being some shit later on. That, when Kikah smiled and told her she was glad to finally meet her, NaEun's return smile wasn't filled with affection, it was envious.

After that day, NaEun "all of a sudden" kept hearing "rumors" about Kikah. At first, it was little things and then they began to hit closer to home. My biggest insecurities were beginning to be exposed. The worst of it all was I began to believe NaEun's lies and began questioning the best thing that ever happened to me.

I was so fucking stupid.

The further I drifted from my trust in Kikah and our relationship, the more confidence NaEun seemed to display and the more she began to pursue me.