Chapter 9: Jilly Forever!

"You, and Jesse?! I knew it!" Jasmine says.

"Yes, you were right Jazz, what are you, a detective?" I ask.

"Yup,"

We all laugh.

"Come in guys, I'll tell you everything."

We all sit in my room, and they all stare at me, waiting for me to explain.

"So, yesterday, when I went to the movies with Max, Jesse was there and he was sitting behind us. He asked Max if they could talk out back, and then Jesse came back in. I told him to leave me alone, and all that. But, he explained everything, and we hung out together, and he asked me to be his girlfriend and I said yes. And he gave me this," I show them my milkshake necklace. "We always get milkshakes at the diner, even when we were little. He has a cheeseburger key chain charm."

"Aw," they say.

"Jilly forever!" Tyra Squeals, we laugh.

"Are you happy?" Sammy asks.

"Yes, very happy," I say.

"And he's the one who gave you the love note today!" Jasmine says.

"Yes, right again," I say.

"Can I read it now?" She asks.

I get her the poem and she reads it.

"That is the sweetest thing ever! Where can I find myself someone like Jesse?" Halley asks.

"Hey, I don't care who you date as long as you don't date him." I tell her.

She laughs, "Wouldn't dream of it."

We hang out a little more, and then they go home. I text Jesse.

"Hey, the secret is kinda over. My friends know, and something tells me they can't keep their mouths shut."

He texts back: Yea, don't worry about it Lil. I wanted to tell everyone that you're my girl anyways, I don't want anyone else trying to steal ya."

I smile at his text.

"No one will take me from you." I reply.

He puts a smiley face back and then: "Goodnight"

I take a shower and then I brush my hair and teeth, and put on my pajamas. I lay in bed and fall asleep.