Chapter 26: You Were In Jail!

"Katy, we gotta get down to the station," I say.

She nods, "I'll tell his Mom I'll split the bail with her,"

"Really?" I ask.

"Yea, I know Jesse isn't reckless enough to just, fight someone for no reason."

"I know the reason," I tell her. "I'll explain later, though."

"Okay," She says. "I'll be back."

A few minutes later she tells me to go with Jesse's mom to pick up Jesse. Katy is going to stay with Sally, his little sister. We get in her car. We pick up the money, Katy and I have the same bank account, because she knows I'd never steal from her. We each take the money out of the accounts, and start driving to the police station.

"I appreciate you and Katy helping pay for Jesse to get out, you have no idea how much of a help it is."

"Don't worry about it, Ms. P, it's not a big deal."

"Lending us four hundred dollars is a big deal, Lilly. And I will pay you and Katy back the money."

Not seeing the point in arguing with my boyfriend's mother, I just nod. "What happened with the whole... Fight situation?" I ask.

"Well, Max came over, knocked on the door, and Jesse walked outside, I saw them talking, but then Jesse started yelling, and Max started yelling, and Jesse hit him first. I was about to go out there but I had to comfort Sally, she was worried about her brother. Max fought back but, severly lost." She explains.

I nod, "You didn't... hear their conversation?"

"No, not really anything, not enough to figure out why the fight happened."

We get to the police station. There's a lady sitting at the front desk, Jesse's mom and I walk up to her.

"Hi, mam," I say. "We're here to bail out Jesse Parker."

"Alright, the bail payment is," She clicks on something in her computer. "$800."

Jesse's mom pulls out Katy's and her money, she hands it to her.

"I'll go get Mr. Parker," She says.

She brings Jesse over to us, I give him a small smile but he doesn't return it. She takes off his handcuffs.

"You're free to go, I hope you don't do it again."

"I won't," He says.

We get in his mom's car.

"Jesse, are you alright?" His mom asks.

"I'm fine, Mom. I told you to leave me here, you don't have $800 dollars to throw away on me right now,"

"It was only $400," She says.

"Don't lie to me, Mom. I heard her ask you for $800."

"Well, Lilly and Katy payed half of the price, to help me out." She tells him.

"Lilly," He says.

"Yes?" I ask.

"Why doesn't anyone listen to me?" He asks.

"Jesse, I couldn't go three months without you, being here, and I didn't want to talk to you through a plexiglass window with a dirty telephone. So, I'm sorry I didn't listen but, I had to get you out of there." I tell him. "Plus, I didn't want jail to change you, you would probably have a bigger ego than you did before."

He laughs and shoots me the smile he didn't return in the jail. "Thanks, Mom, and Lilly."

I hug him from the side since we're in the back of his car, and whisper in his ear, "I love you."

"I love you Lilly."

We go back to our houses, Sally and Katy come over to the car as it stops.

"You were in jail!" Sally says.

I laugh a little.

"Yes, I was. But don't worry, I'm not gonna go back." Jesse says.

"Okay," She says and runs back inside.

"Thank you so much, Katy," Jesse says.

"Don't worry about it Jesse," She says.

"Jesse, you have to tell me what that whole fight was about, you know." I say.

"Mom," his mom looks over. "Can I take Lilly for a drive?"

"Fine, just don't go back to jail, or I will leave you there this time."

We both laugh and get in the car.

"Where are we going?" I ask.

"Anywhere you want,"

I want to show Jesse California one day. So if I could go anywhere it would be there, with him.

"If you could pick any place in the world right now, where would it be?" He asks.

"California, with you," I tell him.

He takes my hand, "We should take a little trip there soon,"

"When?" I ask.

"Well, I've been saving some money," where is he going with this? "And you know how after the winter dance it's winter vacation?" I nod. "We're gonna go anywhere you want."

"Really?!" I ask.

"Yea, I thought it would be fun," I give him a hug and a kiss.

"I love you,"

"I love you too,"

I have the best boyfriend ever!

"You're seriously gonna take me to California?" I ask.

He nods with a smile plastered on his perfect face.

We drive to the diner, we could've walked but I think Jesse wanted the car to tell me about the vacation.

After we sit and Jesse orders our drinks, I ask him what happened with Max.

"So, he came to my house, and knocked on the door. I saw it was him, and I naturally knew it was bad news, but he already saw me through the window, it was too late to act like I wasn't home." I nod, it was too late for him to pretend. "So I walked out there, and he said; "Look, Jesse you're my best friend, but it's getting really hard to hang out with you and Lilly." And I was thinking, I know where this is going, but I said; "What do you mean?" And he said; "Jesse, I've had a crush on Lilly for a long time now, and I know you love her and she seems happy with you, but I thought you deserved to know. I like her, and it's not the same when I like other girls, so I don't know what I'm trying to say, I'm just really envious of you, I guess." I was mad, because he was my friend, and I never thought he would ever try to.. take you from me."

"Jesse, you should know that no one can take me from you, or you from me." His goofy smile pops up, I mine-as-well take a picture, it'll last longer. I clear my throat, "Keep going with the story,"

His perfect smile disapears and he continues, "He told me that when we were at the barbecue restraunt he couldn't help but get upset about me, he said something like I kept gushing on and on about you, and how bad he wanted to feel the same way, or whatever. That's when the yelling started,"

I can't help but grin a little.

"What?" He asks.

"Nothing," I turn pink because he noticed it.

"What's funny?" His smile pops on his face too.

"It's nothing, Jesse,"

"Tell me, Lilly, or no California for you."

"Okay, I'll go with Katy,"

He laughs, "Okay, please just tell me."

"Fine," I say. "I was just, I don't know, I never thought I'd have a boyfriend willing to fight for me." I admit.

He smiles and says, "Believe it."