Chapter 14

Ace

      "EMILY!" Aiyana screams her eyes watering. She runs to the girl's corpse. "No! NO!" She cries. She hugs the corpse to her body. "No! Nonononononono! No..." Aiyana's voice grew weak as she sobbed. She held the body tighter. "You monster!" she screams at my father who didn't seem to really care about her comment. She begins to grow hysterical.

      "Ace, please take your fiancee to your quarters let her grieve, we shall talk about your consequences of your actions later," my father orders. I slump. I can't disobey an order. I'm sorry Aiyana. I try to get her but she slaps my hand away.

     "Don't touch me!" she yells. I hate you! I hate you! I look at her hurt. Aiyana... No response. I throw her over my shoulder. "NO! STOP! LET ME GO! YOU MONSTER!" she pounds her fists against my back. "You could have done something! You could have saved her! Yet you let her die! She was my friend, Ace!" she screams, "My best friend and you let her die you asshole!" I pretend her words don't hurt and continue to walk to my room. She continues to bang her fists on my back but it's useless, she's weak, I barely feel anything. I open the door to my room and set her down.  She runs to the farthest corner in the room. Aiyana-

      "You could have saved her!" she screams. 

      "And go against my father?! He would kill you Aiyana!" I clench my fists.

      "I'd rather be dead than to have witnessed my best friend be murdered right in front of me!" she yells.

     "Well to me your life means more!" I  yell back. She shakes her head her tears get faster.

     "You really are a Demon, aren't you?" she says in a hoarse voice, "A selfish Demon."  God Damn it! I'm done with this!

      "You want to know what I am, I'm an Angel Aiyana!" I tell her. She snorts not believing me.

      "Some Angels you and your family are! Your father snapped my best friend neck and watched him as did the queen!" she refuses to believe my words. What, the hell will make her understand I am not a threat?

      "My job is to protect you!" I growl. She's really making me frustrated.

      "As far as I'm concerned anything you say to me is a lie," she grits her teeth.

       "I'm telling the truth!" I move toward her and she presses herself up against the wall. Bullshit!

     "Prove it!" She demands. How the hell am I supposed to do that? "Don't Angels have wings or something?" I freeze at her words. Do we have wings? Yes, yes we do. But we haven't used them for decades. I mean I know how to use my wings. It's just no one knows we have them. My father, cut his off. I kept mine. I sigh and began to remove my shirt.

       "Wha-what are you doing?" her face was flushing. I ignore her and turn my back to face her so she could see my wings. I heard a gasp in awe. 

        "They're beautiful," 

Sorry for the short chapter I promise to have the next one up on Sunday. It will be longer...a lot longer.

-Caraline949