8 ~ Protect & Trust

Paradise

I woke up hoping I would be at the beach, but instead I was in a warm bed. I sat up to realize that I was back at my aunt's house and not the beach. I then began thinking how the hell did I get here. The only reasonable answer was Tyler, but how?

I raced downstairs to get some breakfast when I saw Briana. She screamed out my name and ran toward me. He placed both her hands on my shoulders shaking me.

"We should go back to the beach!" she squealed.

"Why?" I asked. "We were just there last night."

"Oh. nothing," she blushed.

"Then, no."

"But Abigail!" she whined.

"Fine, let me eat breakfast and get ready first," I laughed.

Her nodded and hurried away from me.

Well, she's in a happy mood.

I ate and took a quick shower. I had my hair in a ponytail and applied a little makeup. I decided to wear shorts and a simple plain white top. Before I knew it Briana and I were out and headed to the beach.

~*~

As soon as we got to the beach I realized why Briana wanted to go.

David.

She ditched me once again for him. I ended up just chilling at the beach by myself.

A couple of guys pasted by me. Actually, they pasted by me multiple times. As if they were stalking me. I started freaking out. That's when one of them started a conversation with me.

"Hey there beautiful," he said giving me a wink.

"Umm, hey?" I said back.

He had short brown hair. He was extremely tall and muscular.

"Wanna hang out with us?" he asked.

"I don't even know who you are."

He laughed, "My name's John, you?"

"Abigail."

"Well Abigail, want to hang out with us?"

"No, sorry," I said.

He laughed again and left, but he continues to look at me.

I began to feel uncomfortable so I left and went to look for Briana.

When I finally spotted her, I asked her if we could leave.

"Why? Is there something wrong?" Briana asked.

"No, nevermind I'll just walk home," I said.

"Ok, be careful," she smiled. I quickly left the beach. I started with speed walking but eventually slowed down. I turned around to see if anyone was following me. Then I turned back to see John right in front of me.

He approached me and asked, "Where you heading?"

"None of your business," I snapped as I walked passed him.

He then grabbed hold of my arm. His touch felt weird compared to when Tyler touched me. It felt rough with a hint of anger.

"You're new, huh?"

"Yes, now can you please let go of my arm."

"You heard her, let go," I heard someone else said.

I turned around to see Tyler. John immediately lets go as if he was scared of Tyler.

"John, lets get one thing straight. No one will ever be interested in you, ok? Especially her, so back the fuck off," Tyler grumbled.

"This isn't over Green!" John screamed as turned the opposite direction and left.

"You ok?" Tyler asked me.

"Ya, I'm fine. I should get back. I'll talk or see you later. I guess," I mumbled as I left him behind.

~*~

When I got back I headed in the kitchen to get a snack. I found some ice cream and brought it upstairs to my room.

What is up with the people here? I don't know but I somehow felt bad. Bad for not thanking Tyler. I mean he brought me home last night and helped me with that guy, John.

My phone all of the sudden vibrated and I quickly checked the caller ID.

Sam.

He's been calling me the whole day.

"Hello?"

"Oh my god! Abigail! I've been trying-"

I cut him off, "So how's your new girlfriend?"

"Wait what, Emma?" he laughed as if I was joking. "She's just a friend. I would never cheat on you, Abigail."

There was a long pause before I was able to answer.

"Should I believe you?"

"Yes, because I am your boyfriend. And for how long? 6 years?"

"Ok, I'm sorry," I apologized.

I was so stupid for thinking Sam would actually cheat on me.

"It's fine. So how's Florida?"

"It's great! I can't wait till you get here."

He chuckled, "I am too."

It felt extremely great to have heard a familiar laugh, especially his.

We talked the rest of the day till I fell asleep.

*Hey! Hope you liked this chapter. I know it's short. Sorry! So it's official that there is going to be 36 chapters in total for this book. This book updates every week. Also check out my other book, "He Saved Me". Don't forget to vote and comment :)*