CHAPTER 7

The day after

Sarah heard Melissa uttered her instruction to one of her staff. “I want you to make sure that the broadsheets are aware that they will release the statement the day after Mr. Anderson left for his trip in India.” The PR and Marketing Team were on their way out of Gerald’s office after another meeting with him. Sarah was seated at her own office wondering time and again on what the hell was the secret personal Project of the PR group. Her office door was widely open and Melissa saw her looking at her. “You Go ahead, I will checked on you in a few minutes.” Melissa instructed her staff. The staff immediately obeyed Melissa’s demands and hurriedly left the office as Melissa walked towards her direction.

“Sars, What's with the Boss business trip in India?” Melissa asked her with a curious undertone.

“It is for the Indian Investor he is courting for some time now.” She told her in her normal voice. Mel looked at her a curious glint in her eyes.  “Anything else, Mel?”She asked her and gave her a questioning looked. “Ah, I just wonder if you will be traveling with him.” Sarah remembered Gerald’s briefing that no one must know that she will be travelling with him. Their flights would be on a different hour and he will meet her up at the Bangkok stop over which will lead them to Delhi India. She remembered asking Gerald the reason why do they have to make things private considering it  was a business trip.

Flashback:

After He was back from the PR Group Meeting (Yesterday Afternoon)

Gerald entered her office after his meeting with the PR Group. “Sarah, I am done with the meeting.” He declared to her and sat at the sofa that was situated across her table. She lifted her head from her computer screen and looked at him. “I see do you need me to transcribe some notes you had during the meeting?” She asked him casually. Gerald shook his head. “I told you it was not a business thing. I don’t have notes for you to transcribe.” He firmly told her. “Okay, anything else you need?” She asked again.

Gerald looked at her in his normal serious look. “No one should know that you will be coming with me in our business meeting in India. I personally fixed the booking of our flights and our accommodations." He said to her. Sarah looked at him surprised. “What's with the secrecy, Gerald? It is a business matter after all, why do we need to hide?” She asked him. Gerald just ignored her and continued. “I will be leaving three hours before your flight. The stop over will be in Bangkok Thailand. I’ll be meeting you from there, before our flight to Delhi India.” He told her with finality. “Why do we have to be in a separate flight, Gerald? Ano ba ang nangyayari?” She asked him worriedly. “Just believe in me, Sarah and stop asking. You will know the reasons behind all this at the right time.” He told her and left the room without waiting for her retort.

End of Flashback

“Earth to Sarah.” Melissa exclaimed which snapped her back from her reverie. Melissa then clicked her fingers in front of her face to wake her up more. “Oh, I am sorry I spaced out.” She reasoned at her friend. “Umm I’ll be on a personal vacation for 3 weeks as well. Since the boss is out he allowed me to go out of the country for my much needed break.” She lied to Melissa. Melissa nodded her head but she still gave her a questioning look. “So who will be managing the COO’s office?” She asked. “Gerald asked the Assistant Vice President to handle things for him while Dannalyn, the AVP’s Executive Assistant will be the one who will replace me for the mean time that I am away.” She informed Melissa.

“I see, and if I may ask saan po ang bakasyon mo?” Melissa asked her with an intriguing tone in her voice. Sarah rolled her eyes. “Sa Hongkong lang po. Ms. Makulit.” She again lied to her friend and made sure that she lightened her tone for her not to be obvious.