CHAPTER 18

Same Day at Thailand

Gerald just ended the call with his lawyer and friend Atty. Fred Payawan. He was still contemplating on their discussion as he poured himself a brandy on the suite’s bar. He was sipping his first taste of the drink when the doorbell of his hotel suite rang.

“Who would that be?” He intriguingly muttered to himself as he opened the suite’s front door. He was speechless to see a slightly thin and haggard Iza Calzado. She was gazing at him with apprehensive eyes.

“What are you doing here?” He asked her not able to hide his surprise.

Iza opened her mouth as if to answer him but she closed it again. Gerald pointedly looked at her. “What? Would you just stand there and looked at me? He asked again obviously pissed off and taken aback by her sudden appearance in Thailand. Iza remained silent just looking at him. “Why are you here in Thailand, Iza?” He resignedly asked her again.

“Can I come in, Ge?” Iza suddenly asked him. Gerald went out of the suite and stood in front of Iza while he closed the door behind him. “How did you found out that I am here, Iza? If you are asking for trouble I am warning you now, don’t even try.” He hoarsely told his ex fiancée with blazing eyes.

Iza step back, obviously taken aback by his words. “I just want to talk to you, Ge. Let’s work on our relationship and try the engagement thing again.” Iza pleaded while tears are flowing from her eyes.

Gerald took a deep breath and calmed himself. Iza is a friend, he never in his life thought that she will fell for him. All the time that they were engaged he thought that she knows, what’s the real score between them, a business arrangement and a fixed marriage. That was what he thought. He shook his head at her. “Iza, you know from the start that we are two friends who will be marrying each other because of business and family and nothing else. We are not in love with each other, Iza and I know I was clear with that.” He wearily told her.

“I love you from the start Ge. When we finally agreed with the engagement, I thought I will be able to make you fall for me. I love you Gerald, and I want to fight for that love.” Iza confidently told him.

Gerald looked at her directly in her eyes. “But I don’t love you Iza and for your information, you don’t have a damn right to fight for me, because you already lost. I am married, Iza with a wonderful woman I love so much. So please leave us alone.” He exclaimed to her as he flashed his left hand in the intention of showing his wedding ring and proved his point.

Iza gasped surprised with what he just announced to her. “I won’t stop, married or not Gerald I won’t stop to fight for you.” She softly threatened him.

Gerald just shook his head and turned his back from her. He opened the suite’s door, entered it and banged the door in Iza’s face.

“Sorry Iza. It is not my intention to hurt you, that is life accept it!” He frustratingly whispered to himself.

********************************************************

Manila

Sarah woke up from her sleep still not feeling well. She tried to fight it and went to the bathroom to fixed herself. She again brushed her teeth and fixed her hair. She then went down the living room where she saw Melissa watching TV and comfortably sprawled in the couch, eating Pringles. She approached her and sat at the single couch beside Melissa’s.

“Are you feeling better?” Melissa asked her as soon as she was seated beside her. Sarah smiled at her and nodded. “The sleep did me good.” She simply said. Melissa nodded and smiled at her. “Go take your brunch Sars. Then join me here, let’s watch a DVD, para naman mawala yan stress mo.” Her friend told her with a smile on her face.