CHAPTER 25

Sarah woke up and saw her husband sleeping beside her.  She inched closer to him and brushed his hair away from his forehead. “I love you so much.” She whispered to him as she rolled off to bed to check if their lunch was well prepared.  After making sure that the meal was done perfectly she again went upstairs and checked if her husband was already awake. She silently entered the room and saw him seated on the side of the bed, his back was on her.

She approached him and stood in front of him. “Babe, lunch is ready.” She lightly told him. Gerald lifted his head and looked at her, his eyes hurt and somewhat confuse.

“Why was Jake calling you Sarah?” He asked her. Gerald then lifted her mobile phone from his lap and gave it to her.” He was calling you while you were downstairs.” He added.

Sarah took a deep breath. She can’t help but look guiltily at her husband. She resignedly sat beside him and lightly touched his wrist.

“I am sorry.” Were the only words that came out from her mouth. Her husband heatedly looked at her. He then pulled out something from his short’s pocket.

“Keifer gave me this photo. This was the reason why I was cold to you earlier. I didn’t question you because I trust you so much. I rather protect you than doubt you, Sarah.” He told her as he gave her the photograph.

Sarah gasped upon seeing it and was speechless for awhile. “Why was Jake calling you, Sarah?” He again asked her, his voice a mixture of anger and pain.

“Ge, this photo means nothing. Nakipagusap lang ako sa kanya.” She softly told him. “Bakit ka nakipagusap sa kanya, Sarah? At bakit tumatawag pa rin siya sa iyo?” Her husband coldly asked her.

Sarah bravely faced him and looked at him in the eye. “I met up with him to ask him to stop all this and spare you.” She explained to him.

“What was the condition, Sarah?” Gerald sarcastically asked her.

Sarah bowed her head and looked at her hands which were resting on her lap. “He will stop if I will leave you.” She painfully whispered to him.

“And he was calling you because you are still not decided if you will be leaving me or not.” Her husband finished for her.

She was stunned and speechless with her husband’s words that she can’t utter a thing. She held his hand as if giving him assurance but he pulled out from her touch.

“Does leaving me cross your mind, Sarah?” He softly asked her, his voice full of pain.

Sarah looked back at him, her eyes full of tears. Gerald just looked at her coldly. “Did it, cross your mind, Sarah?” He asked her again.

“Ge, I just want to help you…” She started but Gerald interrupted her. “I am asking you Sarah; don’t let me ask you again.”

Sarah took a deep breath and nodded her head as tears flow from her eyes. Gerald stood up from the bed and faced her.

“I’ll go for a drive. Don’t wait for me and eat your lunch.” He told her as he lifted his car keys from the side table beside the bed.