CHAPTER 37

Flashback:

Sarah was reclined in the pregnancy glider chair; her in-laws gave her on her seventh month of pregnancy. She was peacefully rocking it in the garden’s veranda. She was relishing the glare of the morning sun while slowly caressing her big tummy, feeling and loving the movements her babies are doing inside her.

“Miss niyo na ba si daddy? Don’t worry babies, mommy is just sorting out her feelings but I promise you, daddy will be back soon.” She whispered to herself as if the twins are hearing her. She smiled at the thought of it and continued to slowly rock the chair.

She and Gerald were still leaving separately for two months now but the communication was still intact. They are even enjoying the space they have now. It is like building the friendship and the love again as they both realized that they moved their relationship to the next level, so fast that they even escape the courtship and boyfriend and girlfriend stage.

She was so engrossed in her reverie when she suddenly felt someone looking at her. She tilted her head up and was stunned to see her husband looking at her with loving eyes.

“Hey, what are you doing here? I thought you have a scheduled golf game with Papa?” She asked her husband as soon as he kneeled before her and touched her tummy with his skillful hands.

“I thought of dropping by to check on you and the twins.” He simply uttered to her and kissed her cheek. He then extended to her a heart shaped jar full of her favorite assorted gummy candies.

“And to give you this.” He added and smiled at her.

She sweetly smiled at him and caressed his jaw with her thumb. “Ano ito suhol para pabalikin na kita dito?” She teased him and gave him a naughty look.

Gerald laughed lightly and shook his head.  “No, babe. I just want to rotten spoil you and the twins. Manang told me that your supply ran out that I decided to replenish it.” He simply said and smiled at her while giving her hand a caressed.

“Thanks, Babe.” She said and excitedly opened the jar and scooped up a handful of candies in her hand.

Gerald shook his head in amazement and pinched her nose. “Babe, go easy with the candies, your sugar and blood level might go high. Ako na naman papagalitan ng doctor mo, if ever.” He teased and laughed lightly while scratching his head.

Sarah laughed at him and continued to chew on the candies. “Hmmm, kasalanan mo naman talga ikaw naman ang bumili at nagdala dito ng mga gummies eh and I will confess that to the doctor if ever.” She retorted and darted her tongue at him.

Gerald just smiled at his wife playfulness and just stared at her, admiring her while she continued to chew on the candies in her hand. He loved the way she licked her fingers in between bites.

Sarah looked at him and pointed questioning eye on him. “Hindi ka ba malalate sa game niyo ni Papa?” She asked him after a while of silence.

“Yup, I should go na nga. I just love looking at you and your big tummy.” He said and smiled at his wife. Sarah smiled at him and wrinkled her forehead.