The Detective's Case

I was in my home, reading a book when i heard a knock on the door. When i opened the door, i saw officer Brooks. He came to ask me for my help in solving a case.

"Why ask me?" I asked.

I was only ranked third in terms of reputation. There were 2 other detectives he could have asked.

"Because, the victim is the detective, and I already asked another detective to come help solving the case. He failed, so I came to ask for your help." Officer brooks answered.

I agreed to help, then i and officer Brooks immediately walked to the crime scene. Whilst we were walking to the crime scene, officer Brooks described the crime scene.

"The crime scene is an old apartment beside an alleyway with 2 floors, a backyard, and a balcony facing the backyard. The victim was found dead in the second floor, the backyard has a tree, there was blood on the tree's leaves." He paused to wipe his glasses.

"Then there is a bloody shirt colored black at the backyard. We also found bloody footprints at the backyard. The backyard has also got a fence to prevent random people from entering the backyard from the alleyway, there was also blood on the fence. The victim was detective Laton."

Mr. Laton was the detective with the best reputation in town, but he stayed in an old apartment due to his families economic problems. When officer Brooks finished describing the building of the crime scene, we reached the crime scene.

When i and officer Brooks entered the first floor, i realized how dusty the first floor was, the light was also dim.

"Pretty dark and dusty, huh?" I asked officer Brooks.

He replied, "So dusty that i have to keep wiping my glasses every time i'm here, but if i take off my glasses here, i can't see anything." He wiped his glasses after finishing his sentence.

When we climbed the stairs to the second floor, i saw 5 people standing on the second floor. I also saw the corpse, based on what i see, he must have been shot. Another thing i saw was the door to the balcony widely opened, the balcony had bloody footprints too.

The murder happened in the corridor because the corpse was in the corridor, i could see 4 doors including the toilet door.

The first person i saw was officer Mark, he is the new recruit at the police station. The next person i saw was detective Morris. Detective Morris had the second best reputation as a detective in the city, he used to be the detective with the best reputation in the city, until detective Laton took his place as the detective with the best reputation in the city, well i had the third best reputation as a detective.

Detective Morris lived beside the alleyway beside this apartment. The next person i saw was an old man, he was using glasses and seemed friendly. The next person i saw was a man without anything particularly interesting. The next person i saw has only one hand, looks like something happened to him.

Officer Mark greeted me, "Hello detective, it's an honor to meet you."

I replied, "Let's just get to business."

Detective Morris then said, "I bet you won't be able to solve this case, not even i can."

I ignored what he said, then officer Brooks introduced me to the suspects. "Detective, the other 3 person here is the suspect of this case. The old man is Mr. Jerry, the handicapped is Mr. Rite, and the last person is Mr. Hilton. You should listen to what the suspects said they have witnessed yourself, we may have missed some detail."