Meeting with Ernest, Again

The weather cooled down, so I could spent some time in the usual place I go to, the coffeehouse. Ernest usually come to see me at the coffeehouse, and he usually comes to see me after three case, so...

Speak of the devil. I saw him from enter the coffeehouse. He seemed to be searching for someone, obviously me. When he saw me, he waved at me. I waved at him. He walked to my table and sat in the opposite side of where I was sitting.

He spoke, "Detective Richard Herman, you've gained more fame, I see."

I replied, "I thought I asked you not to speak my name in the public."

Ernest laughed, "Oh, don't worry. As long as I am not speaking obnoxiously loud, no one would notice."

I asked, "So, what are you here for today, Ernest?"

Ernest spoke, "As usual, some discussion about the cases you've had so far. You solved three cases, huh?"

I asked, "Do you know all three?"

Ernest answered, "Nope. I only know the terrorists incident. Care to tell stories?"

I spent a lot of time telling Ernest this and that. About a bank with its whole staff pretending to be robbed and about someone attempting to steal a jewellery.

Ernest spoke, "Let's view each case on their respective order. Now about the bank case, what was the motive again?"

I answered, "The motive was that the bank was almost bankrupt and every employee was afraid of being fired and becoming jobless, so they staged it in hopes of preventing it, or delaying it."

Ernest spoke, "They failed miserably."

I replied, "Indeed."

Ernest asked, "Why do you think they failed?"

I answered, "They weren't being careful enough with the clues left behind. Certain clues make other clues suspicious, and they didn't think exactly like actual bank robbers. If they thought like an actual bank robbers, they could probably make it even less obvious."

Ernest asked, "Then how come you can think like robbers? Are you a robber?"

I answered, "Of course not. Just think from another perspective. It's not very difficult if effort is put into it."

Ernest replied, "Says the one who solve difficult cases so easily."

I spoke, "Nice joke."

Ernest asked, "Is that truth or sarcasm?"

I answered, "Depends on perspective."

Ernest chuckled. He understood what I meant. Things are seen from perspectives. Even statements can be seen from different perspectives, it's called opinion.

Ernest  spoke, "Alright, I see. Then I must ask, do you think their crime is justifiable? Running to crimes in fear of losing their jobs? Because they have a family to feed?"

I answered, "I think their crimes cannot be justified, but I think their desperation is understandable. Family is an important thing. I'm pretty sure the bank staffs just wanted to have money to feed their family, so that they could have a peaceful nice life. But that would fall apart if the bank staffs' lost their job, so they chose to pretend there was a robbery, because they were desperate enough to keep their job and feed their family. They have a nice heart, but their desperation deluded them to their actions."

Ernest asked, "So basically, like before, good motive but wrong implementation?"

I answered, "That's one way to see it."