The Beginning Of Trouble

READER'S POV

A few weeks passed since I met Seth. I didn't know what it was about him but for some reason, I wanted to see him again. Aside from meeting someone like him, I had some good news from the hospital, Takeo is making great progress and he's been discharged from the hospital even though he's going to be stuck in the wheelchair for a while but, he should be able to use the crutches if he keeps up his physiotherapy sessions. After Takeo got discharged, I moved back home since I was all better now and someone needed to help Dad look after Takeo as well.

I got changed into my school uniform and I tied my hair back in a ponytail before I grabbed my bag and I headed downstairs. Takeo was already there and he tried standing up to reach the tin of tea bags.

"I'll get that for you."

I said with a smile and then Takeo sat back down on the wheelchair. I got the tin of teabags for him and then he began to make his cup of tea.

"Look, I know you're trying to help me but, I can still take care of myself."

"I know but, the doctor said that you need plenty of rest and don't push yourself so much especially since it was a delicate operation."

I said to him as I got my lunchbox and I put it in my bag. Takeo sighed in defeat and then Dad came in and he then said to us.

"Morning you two, how are you feeling Son?"

"Still feeling a bit sore, but I'll be fine once I've taken my painkillers."

Takeo said as he got his box of painkillers the doctor gave him.

"You know, the others are wondering how you're doing, how about we pay a visit to them once I come back from school?"

"Sounds good to me, besides, I'm needing the fresh air after being stuck in the hospital for the last few weeks."

Takeo said as he took two of his painkillers and then he drank some of his tea. I nodded my head in agreement and I then looked at the time and I realised I was running late.

"Oh crap! first day back and I'm already running late!"

I was about to dash out of the door after grabbing my bag but then Takeo shouted.

"Hold it!"

I turned around and then Takeo gave me a bit of toast and I said thanks to him before I took off running. I managed to make it to school in time and then Sakura and Alice saw me and they both smiled at me. Sakura ran over to me and she hugs me tightly.

"(Y/n)! yay! I'm so happy you're back!"

"It's good to be back as well, I'm sorry for worrying you and Alice for the last few weeks."

Sakura pulled away from me and she then said to me.

"It's all right, we both understand, are you really all right now?"

"Well after taking a few antidepressants and a couple of weeks of therapy, I'm A-OK now."

"Good to know."

I then got Sakura's notebook and I said to her.

"Thanks for lending me your notes while I was away, they were really helpful."

"You're welcome, besides, I hate to think what would have happened if you fell behind classwork."

I sweat dropped a little and then Alice spoke up.

"By the way...did you hear the news?"

"News? what news? is this about the killings again?"

"No...not this time...for once..."