016; Fashion Hacks You Need To Know

It’s your best friend’s birthday party, it’s been a crazy week at work, your taxi is about to arrive to fetch you and, horrors of horrors, your zip gets stuck on your favourite skirt!

While we love fashion, it can sometimes have a slightly cruel sense of humour, and it’s usually when we really don’t have the time or the money to deal with it.

But fear not, we’ve sourced five top tips from fashion gurus across the globe to help you when a fashion disaster strikes. So, without further ado:

Top 5 Fashion Hacks

You found your favourite shade of lipstick on your favourite white blouse! Disaster! Not at all, just spray hairspray on the lipstick, let it settle for a few minutes, then pop it in the wash! It’ll be good as new.

You spilt water on your one and only genuine leather bag and now there is a water stain! Don’t panic, all you need to do is spray the stain with a mixture of cold water and vinegar, then rub the area gently.

You have a gorgeous summer day planned for the weekend but then you see that your summer shirts are tainted with deodorant stains. No to worry, just mix baking soda, hydrogen peroxide and water, add this to the affected area, leave it for a minute or two, then rinse and allow to dry!

Remember that pesky zipper – you can kiss your frustrations goodbye by simply rubbing some vaseline or crayon wax along the teeth of the zip, and there you have it!

You’re at a party, catching up with friends and having a gorgeous glass of red wine, when suddenly someone accidentally bumps past you and you spill the wine right onto your crisp white blouse! Again, fear not, just grab some club soda or white wine, pour it onto the area and blot with a towel.

To prevent your lovely dark jeans fading in the wash, simply add half a cup of vinegar to the last cycle.

If a lapel on your shirt or jacket just won’t stay put, use a piece of double-sided tape to keep it in place. You could also use a hair straightener to iron your collar.

To remove pesky yellow sweat stains from shirts, first spray the area with lemon juice, and then pop them in the wash.

To stop a loose button from falling off, paint a layer of clear nail polish over the threads to keep it in place.

Even if you're not the one to suffer these unfortunate series of events, now you can be the quick-thinking fashionista everyone loves to have around!😊