Chapter 7

I wake up 3:15 a.m and can't sleep. I decide that now is the time to finish finding information from my file. I walk into the empty hallway and take the fastest route to the Dr. Carmon's office. The door is locked but was left open slightly. I slowly open the door, making sure no one is in there before I enter.

I step into the office and walk directly to the filing cabinet. I pull open the middle drawer and and find my name. I grab my file and settle myself on the floor, leaning against the wall. I open the file and flip past the title page.

The first page reads,

ANNA SODOSKY, 17

SS No. 471 38 6259

BIRTHDAY February 3rd, 1997

DIAGNOSIS Bi-Polar

NOTES:

Has not been diagnosed, but is suspected to have bi-polar disorder. Disorder may be triggered by shock. Shock is suspected to be mother's sudden death when young. Going to be tested soon.

PROCEDURE:

Try to find access to the amygdala. Have Ms. Sodosky meet with a therapist to relate her dreams. Study information received. Work some tests. Diagnose and medicate correctly.

That was where the first page ended. There were about 5 more pages, but I knew I probably couldn't handle them. My mother had been a doctor, I knew that the only way to access the amygdala of the brain was perform brain surgery.

I quickly skim the remaining pages. It seems they are lists of recommended medications, doctors, and therapists. I had all the information I needed. I put the file back and decided to look for Jillienne's.

I open the top drawer and look for her name. I finally find hers and open it to the front page. I read the basic information.

Jillienne had, just as she said depression, and bi-polar, and also something called split personality disorder. I continued to skim the file. I had to stop reading because I couldn't believe my eyes.

Jillienne had killed her own parents. Why hadn't she told me? I can't believe this. I can't believe her. I had trusted her, I put my confidence in her. She had played the martyr, and I was not going to put up with this.

I then noticed a sentence at the bottom of the page.

See the file of Kennedy Desoli.

I lay Jillienne's file on the floor and find Kennedy Desoli's. I open the file and immediately on the title page, stamped in large red letters: DEPARTED.

I go through the file and decide to read the first page, as it has the most information. Paper clipped to the page is a picture of a pretty girl with wavy blonde hair, tan skin, and blue eyes.

I can't imagine anything being wrong with her, she seems perfect.

Diagnosis was depression, medication abuse, and thoughts of suicide. She departed the hospital about 2 years ago because of an attack by another patient.

Jillienne.

I knew what I had to do.