Chapter 11

I wake up in a haze. I could only remember a very few details of my dream. I was on top of a mountain-there was a staircase-the woman was also there-I tried to use the staircase, but it disappeared and I fell-as I was dying, I wrote something with my blood. What was it again? JCBSN LKE. I had no idea what it meant. I glanced at the wall clock. Crap! It was 4:26. There was a knock at the door. I walked over to the door and opened it for Dr. Carmon.

"Oh, good afternoon Anna. Are you ready for your testing?" Dr. Carmon asks. I nod and slip on my shoes. I close the door behind me.

"So Anna. Have you had any interesting dreams lately?" Dr. Carmon asks.

"None that I can think of." I lie. She can't know about the dying message.

"Alright. We will have to be sure to tell the doctors that." Dr. Carmon replies.

"Okay." I say. We walk in silence for the rest of the way to the lab.

I'm sitting in a uncomfortable white chair. There is a table beside me with different tools: scalpels, scissors, tweezers. I gulp. There is a counter against the wall with several cupboards beneath it. On the counter sits a large machine, almost like a microwave. It has a screen in the middle and a small opening to the left. There are 5 lightbulbs across the bottom and a keyboard connected as well. It all scared me to death. I couldn't imagine what they did to people in here.

After waiting for about 10 more minutes, a young and handsome doctor walked into the lab. He looked only a couple of years older than me. He gave me a smile and sat in a swiveling chair nearby.

"Hi Anna." he said in a husky voice. He chuckled. Was I drooling?

"My name is Dr. James. But, you can call me Mitchell." he said with a quick wink at the end. My heart was beating like crazy. He stood up and opened one of the cupboards. He looks at me for a moment.

"You must be a-" he runs his hands down my sides,"a medium?" All I can do is nod. He grabs a gown and hands that to me.

"You can change into that Anna." he says.

"Alright. Can you point me to a restroom?" I ask. He shakes his head, chuckling again.

"Oh Anna, so naive. You can change right here." he says, settling in to the chair. He wanted me to take off my clothes in front of him? I didn't know what to do. He must have noticed my blank expression.

"Are crazy people that unskilled?" he mumbled to himself.

"Do you need help Anna?" he asks. I don't remember nodding, but I must have because he began to take off my jumpsuit. He started to touch me and I recalled a long ago health lesson. My voice came to me.

"Stop!" I yell. It doesn't seem to phase him. He pushes me to the floor and hovers above me. He starts to kiss me again.

"Stop! Please stop! Help!" I yell as loudly as I can. But nobody comes. He tries to remove my undergarments and suddenly everything stops. Dr. James is no longer moving, everything is frozen. Across the room stands the woman with her hands extended. What is happening?

"I can make it all stop Anna. You just have to come with me." the woman says calmly. I look into Dr. James's evil eyes.

"Yes. I will come with you." I say.

I am again in the testing lab in an uncomfortable white chair. It couldn't have been a dream. It seemed so real. Everything about the room is the same. The tools on the table. The machine on the counter. Just then, a handsome man walks into the lab.

"Hi Anna. I'm Dr. James."

••••••••••••Author's Note••••••••••

Hey! I know I haven't updated in such a long time and I'm super sorry. This was a really hard chapter to write because I've never written something including scenarios like that. So, if it's not good, don't criticize.

I'm going to try to update again soon. I hope to have the book be about 20 chapters, but there might be a sequel in store.

Please, don't hate for attention. My friends can and will hunt you down if necessary. :)

Okay. Bye!✌️

-Hannah