Wednesday

The next morning, as Levy ate breakfast, her parents could tell that something was wrong.

"Levy, are you okay?" Her mom asked.

Levy shook her head. "I don't know. There's something I have to think about, but I'll tell you when I come to a conclusion."

Her father nodded, then she was kissed on either cheek by her parents. She giggled.

"Have a good day at school, honey!" They chorused.

She nodded and left.

At school, a blonde girl walked up to Levy while she was at her locker. "Hi, I'm Lucy! You're Levy, right?"

Levy smiled and nodded. "It's nice to meet you!"

A pink-haired guy walked up behind Lucy and wrapped his arms around her waist, resting his head on her shoulder. Lucy jumped a little, blushed, and said, "This is Natsu."

'Cute.' Levy smiled again. "Hi, Natsu."

He smiled back, then called over some people. He introduced them all. "Gray, Jellal, Erza, Juvia, Laxus, Mira..." By the time he was done, Levy just about knew everyone in the school.

They went to class.

At lunch, Levy got to know everyone better, and they got to know her.

"So where do you live, Levy?" Erza asked, not noticing the piece of strawberry cake Jellal was stealing from her. He put a finger to his lips in a 'shh' gesture.

"I live in an old house a few blocks from here on Guild Street." Levy answered.

Juvia gasped. "Juvia has heard rumors that Levy's house is haunted!" She said in third person.

Mira looked worried. "Oh, I hope it's not!" Laxus casually put an arm around her shoulders and Jellal smirked.

Levy grimaced. "I think it is." She said quietly.

Everyone gasped. "Tell us." Gray suggested.

Levy nodded. "I keep seeing this man... and he keeps disappearing. But he's substantial, or can be, because he gave me this. " Levy pulled up her sleeve to show hr shoulder. "It's just a pressure mark- like when you hold something too tight and your knuckles turn white- but it won't go away."

Lucy- and everyone else- looked worried. "Be careful, okay? Maybe try to avoid him or doing anything to make him mad. I don't know what ghosts are like." She said anxiously.

Levy nodded. "I know."

After school was out, Levy went home. Her parents greeted her.

"Hey, darling. We've got to go on a business trip, but we'll be back in a day or two. That okay?"

Levy smiled and nodded, even though she was actually very nervous about being home alone.

Her parents waved goodbye and left.

Levy took a deep breath, then walked upstairs and looked in the bathroom mirror.

She jumped back and screamed. Reflected in the mirror behind her was the ghost. She whipped around, her heart racing... but there was nothing. Hesitantly, she looked in the mirror again, but the image was gone.

Levy went to bed early and shivered under the covers all night.