Sunday, Monday

Monday came and Levy, with Gajeel following behind, walked to school.

The first person she saw was Lucy, as usual. "Hey, Lucy?" She asked.

Levy's blonde haired friend turned around. "Yes, Levy? Hey, Gajeel." She replied and greeted at the same time, waving to the ghost.

He waved back.

Levy quickly explained the situation and Lucy nodded thoughtfully. "What should we do?"

Lucy tapped her chin. "How about... today after school we all go to the library?"

Levy squealed. "Yes! I love the library!"

Gajeel looked down at the blue haired shrimp. Sometimes she was just adorable.

Lucy caught Gajeel's look and smirked. "I'll tell tell Natsu, Gray, Jellal, and Laxus. You two get Juvia, Erza, and Mira."

They nodded and headed to class.

A date was set. Sorta.

As everyone was walking to the library, Gajeel handed Levy a note.

Sorry I got you in trouble with your parents. It said. And that doc guy.

"That's all right." Levy replied. "I understand." She smiled up at Gajeel and his heart flipped. "It didn't end up that big of a deal. I think they forgot."

Gajeel nodded and soon they entered the library.

The next few hours were long and tedious as everyone searched for anything useful.

"I think I found something!" Mira yelled suddenly, holding up a book.

"Shh!" Jellal teased. 

"Shh!" The librarian replied. "You nasty humans!" Then she stalked away to go terrorize some other people.

"Don't mind Porlyusica." Erza said. "She just doesn't like people."

Everyone gathered around the book.

"'The first transformation is not so hard. But to return takes a different spell. To achieve this is not easy. A ghost must do something only a human does well.'" Mira read. "So... you have to do something only a human can?" She asked.

Laxus nodded slowly. "Sounds about right." He looked at the clock. "We'd better start heading out."

'And I better start breakin' this curse.' Gajeel thought.

Lucy and Natsu decided to walk home with them.

Levy's parents opened the door. "Hello." Her mom said. "Are you Levy's friends?"

Lucy nodded. "I'm Lucy Heartfilia and this is Natsu Dragneel."

"We're the McGarden's." Her dad replied. "Do you by chance know how Levy got home from the dance on Friday?" He asked. "We didn't see her, but she was home when we woke up. I hope she didn't walk home alone."

Levy glanced back at Gajeel, who was ostentatiously not there. She sighed quietly in relief.

Meanwhile, Lucy had answered her father's question. "Oh, no, Mr. McGarden. Levy walked home with a friend."

"Who?" Levy's mom asked.

"His name is Gajeel. He's a nice guy." Lucy said, choosing to ignore the shocked looks on Levy's parents' faces. And hers.

Natsu smiled nervously, waved, and said, "Nice to meet you! See you at school, Levy!" He dragged Lucy off and out of sight.

In their minds, Levy's parents had a name click. Gajeel. Gajeel.

"Levy," Her mom started. "Who exactly is Gajeel?" She asked sternly.

Levy nervously glanced behind her, completely uncertain what to do.

She looked back at her parents, then suddenly, a weight pressed down on her head.

A gasp from her parents told her it could only be one person.

"I'm your resident ghost." Gajeel said, speaking for the first time. "I hope ya don't mind."

There was absolute silence.

Then Levy shrieked. "Gajeel! You... talked!" She turned to him, forgetting all about the current dilemma. "Did that break the curse?!"

Gajeel examined himself. He tried to disappear. Nothing. A smile grew on his face. "It did!"

Levy squealed and hugged him. "I am so happy!"

Her mother sighed loudly. "Frankly, I'm not going to ask. I'm glad you've made friends, honey."

Her father nodded in agreement.

They walked inside without a word.

Levy looked and watched with wide eyes. "That is not how I expected that to go." She stated.

Gajeel turned to her. "Hey, Shrimp?"

Levy turned around. "Yeah, Gajeel?"

"Thanks for being my friend even though I scared you."

"It was nice to have a friend." Levy replied. "Hey, how come you still have red eyes?"

Gajeel smirked. "Always have. What, you thought it wasn't natural?"

"Yeah." Levy said sheepishly. "But I like them; it makes you different."

Then she realized what she'd said and blushed. 'Oh, why, Mavis?! Why crushes?!'

Gajeel noticed her heated face and leaned closer, making it worse. "Shrimp, are you blushing?" He teased, which made her blush harder.

She didn't reply.

Gajeel laughed, smirking. "I guess I'll have to make you talk." He threatened.

With a look of horror, Levy opened her mouth to give him a retort, but he took the opportunity to kiss her full on the lips.

Of course, that's when her parents walked back outside. Luckily, the couple didn't notice them. The adults smiled and shared a knowing look. They took a quick picture and sent it to Lucy Heartfilia, knowing that as Levy's friend, she'd definitely want it.

"Reminds me of us when we were younger." Mr. McGarden whispered when they were back in the house. 

"Yeah, we had a lot of adventures back then, didn't we?" Mrs. McGarden replied.

The two lifted their shirtsleeves, revealing matching marks on their shoulders.

Marks that matched exactly to the one on the front cover of Levy's favorite book, Fairy Tail.