Saturday

Levy woke up on Saturday morning and wondered how she'd gotten home.

Thinking hard, she remembered looking up at the stars and then being picked up and carried in someone's arms.

Then nothing when she was asleep. 'It was Gajeel, wasn't it?'

Levy looked down at her clothes. She was still wearing her dress, but her shoes were on the floor.

She got changed, then went down for breakfast, eating quickly and grabbing a snack for later.

Levy dashed upstairs and grabbed a book, her favorite, dragging it off the shelf and tossing it on the bed.

She turned around and ran right into Gajeel.

Whoa, Shrimp! What's up?

Levy picked herself up. "It's Saturday, which means I can read all day long!" She smiled happily, then studied Gajeel. "Hey, you okay?"

Gajeel sighed. Yeah, just a sad memory. He wrote.

Levy touched his shoulder gently. "If you ever want to talk about it, I'm always willing to listen."

Gajeel smiled at her. Thanks, Shrimp. That means a lot. He wrapped his arms around her and rested his head on hers.

When Gajeel came back after taking a walk, Levy was immersed in her book. He sat next to her and started writing, Panther Lily at his side.

Once upon a time, my father, Metallicana, worked with the police to put a man in jail for kidnapping and using black magic. By the time he got out, he was full of rage. But my father had died, happily and of old age. So he turned to me. His name was Jose. In the name of revenge, he cursed me to be a ghost. My father had died the exact same day Jose got out of jail. Year X777. That is what I was remembering.

When he was done, Levy was looking at him. He handed her the note.

She read it, then held him tightly, saying nothing.

That was all he needed.

Levy woke up late Saturday afternoon, wrapped in Gajeel's arms, and he in hers.

He started to stir and Levy let him go. He say up and yawned, displaying sharp fangs.

Levy smiled. "Hey, Gajeel? Think we could break your curse?" She asked.

I don't know, Shrimp. Jose died a few years ago. He replied in written form.

Levy sighed. "Oh, Mavis! I hoped it would be easy!"

Gajeel traced his fingers through her messy blue hair. We could ask your friends. He suggested.

Her face brightened. "Sounds great!" I'll do that Monday!"

And so a plan was set in motion.