Friday

The thunderstorm ended sometime that night, and with it, Gajeel disappeared.

Levy ate breakfast, then left a note for her parents, if they came home. It was also for Gajeel, in case he was looking for her.

It said: 

Going to school. Be back at 3. -Levy

She grabbed her bag and headed out the door.

At school she found Lucy and Natsu talking together. Levy smirked to herself, then hugged Lucy.

"Levy!" Lucy exclaimed. "Are you okay?!"

Levy nodded. "Thank Mavis, yes. Problem averted."

Lucy pretended to wipe sweat from her forehead. "Phew!"

They went to class and Levy decided it would probably be best not to say that the ghost was still around.

And that he was her friend.

She had a feeling that would go badly.

The day passed uneventfully and Levy went home. 

When she arrived, her parents were back.

"How'd it go, honey?" Her father asked.

"Fantastic!" Levy replied. "How was your trip?"

Her mother answered. "It went well. I guess you figured out what you needed to?"

Levy nodded. "And I came to the conclusion that everything is going to be great here!"

Her parents hugged her and said, "That's wonderful, darling!"

And over their shoulders, she smiled at the ghost she could see in the hallway. He smirked back.

Levy opened her bedroom door and was immediately knocked over by a certain ghost.

"Gajeel!" She complained.

He got off her and helped her sit up. Sorry, Shrimp. He wrote apologetically.

Levy raised an eyebrow. "Shrimp?"

Gajeel grinned wickedly. 'Cause you're so cute and small.

She rolled her eyes and got up, sitting at her desk. "You better be glad we're friends now, or I'd have slapped you. Well, I have homework, so you'd probably better skedaddle." She pointed out. He ignored her and leaned against the desk top. Levy sighed and pulled her homework out.

Wait, Gajeel wrote. You have homework on a Friday?! That's awful!

"Yes," Levy replied. "And now shush. I have work to do."

He grumbled under his breath and disappeared. It was probably a good thing Levy couldn't understand him.

Gajeel had good timing, too, because he was barely gone when Levy's parents came in.

Then she did her homework.