*side note*

I wrote this story when I was quite a bit younger than I am now, and even then waited a few years to actually publish it. The truth is, I was not very happy when I wrote it, and was struggling with a lot of insecurity and loneliness but I found a lot of comfort in the characters. I wrote into them a kindness that I had not experienced from other people, and it makes me so sad to think that I created a new world for myself because I was so unhappy with the situation I was in. It is true that books can make you feel less alone, and can give you hope for what people could be like. Now, I am approaching adulthood and I can truly say that things have steadily got better. I am friends with a few people I love dearly and who love me back, and I understand that friendship is what will truly keep you going. There have been times when I have been so desperately sad but I have learned to take sanctuary in myself, to be brave for myself. There have been moments when I've thought I cannot do this, but they have passed just like everything passes.

Last night was not a good one, and I found myself back on here for some reason for the first time in years, feeling the same feelings younger me did but I found such a massive comfort in people's comments and overall care. It is easy to think that you are alone in everything you do when something goes wrong, and it is easy to feel guilty because your problems don't seem as big as other people's, but if I could give any advice it would be: don't try to make yourself feel less. Sadness can be good for you, as long as you pick yourself up afterwards. It teaches you that as long as you are there for yourself, you will be okay. So take care of yourself. Other people can be awful and selfish and destructive. They can let you down and break your heart, but there are more who are wonderful and caring and kind, who will make you forget what it's like to feel lonely.

I would love to keep writing this story but things aren't the same as they were when I started. I don't feel I am able to keep it going and I'm sorry if that's disappointing. I am very grateful for everyone who has said nice things about it, it really gives me hope. I do not have a big audience by any means, but if even one person takes comfort in what I had written, it makes it worth it. I hope you find comfort in the characters the same way I did.

Now I am going to publish a draft I had written a while back. It is what I had intended to be the ending if I ever finished it and it's only fair that I should share it.

(I am going to tag some of the people I saw asking me to update so that they can read an ending - feel free to ignore if you're not interested)

Florabunny00

Nerdy_Writes_Books

aspiring_cat

ravenclaweruditeowl

TozierFamTrashmouth

MagconOften

madelynnh59091

hermione_nancydrew12