21 | Shoelaces

" What is wrong with you ?! " Taehyung shouted at me, furrowing his eyebrows after helping Hyo-Jin stand up.

I was in a state of shock, I couldn't believe that he had pushed me, even if it was just a bit, or that he just screamed at me, it was still.. unbelievable.

I thought I had just been so used to him being nice and sweet towards me as I had almost never seen him getting angry at anybody, but there he was, standing in front of me, his eyes furious at what he had witnessed.

I looked at him as my eyes were being filled with tears but I strongly held them back, refusing to give Hyo-Jin what she had been craving all along, my downfall.

I had already been shouted at in my life of course, but it had never hurt this much. The mere fact that it was Taehyung sufficed to completely shatter my heart, but as if it wasn't enough, it was because of Hyo-Jin that he did it.

I didn't mean to push her, all I wanted was for her to let my arm go as the way she was holding me was way too tight to endure but of course he didn't know about it and made zero effort to.

He saw me hurting her but surely, he didn't see me being hurt. He had gotten angry at me for not telling him about Jungkook, even if there was actually nothing to say about him, but of course, I couldn't tell him because of her.

But most of all, I liked him so so much to the point that it hurt me a lot, but of course, he had to like someone like Hyo-Jin who was capable of using innocent people just for a revenge that didn't even make any sense.

He was both deaf and blind, and as for me, I was only mute. We were such a perfect pair in some type of weird way, weren't we ?

" Why did you do that ? " he asked in disbelief, still furrowing his eyebrows.

He didn't even bother asking me what the side of my story was, all he was seeing is that I had purposely pushed her and now, he was asking me the reason behind my accidental aggressivity.

" I'm sorry Hyo-Jin... I.. I didn't mean to, " I stuttered, fixing them with rounded eyes.

I knew I was at fault so I decided to apologize, I would probably appreciate it if someone who had hurt me said sorry before anything.

" You pushed me back, and you have the nerve to say that you didn't mean it ? Are you kidding me ? " she screamed while angrily glancing at me. " And don't tell me you're sorry because you're obviously not, learn to take the accountability for your actions. "

I couldn't speak as words didn't want to come out, so I just stayed still, looking at them. It was still processing in my mind that Taehyung was present, yet he was on the other side of the story.

He wasn't standing up for me, but for the one who was trying to hurt me by using him, and that, that was really hard to swallow and to pick up on.

" Don't scream at her ! " Seung-Gi shouted from the end of the corridor, running towards us next to Jungkook.

" Yah, who do you think you are to forbid me to do anything, " Hyo-Jin meanly told her once they had arrived.

" And who do you think you are to shout at my best friend huh ? " she responded back, and came in front of me to correctly talk to her.

" Who I am ? Oh, just someone your devil of a best friend pushed, nothing much right,  " she sarcastically answered back, making my eyes grow bigger.

Devil ? Me ? Did the world just turn upside down ? As far as I knew, my action wasn't intentional but her on the other side, she was one of the most nonsensicle and reprehensible person I had ever come accross to.