38 | Wake Up

" Yah Young-Mi-yah, what is my best friend doing in an ambulance car ? " I shockingly asked, grabbing her arms while slightly shaking her.

The door of the ambulance car closed, tearing up my heart, as I was starting to weaken every time a minute would pass by.

" S-seung-Gi, Min Seung-Gi, " I whispered her name, desperately wishing this was only one of her dumb jokes. " Yah Min Seung-Gi, " I yelled out, tons of tears escaping from my eyes as I tightened the grip on Young-Mi's arm as not to completely fall on the floor.

Taehyung and Jungkook started getting closer but instead of letting them comfort me, I took my heels off my feet, running after the white and red truck which was bringing my Seung-Gi to the hospital.

" Seung-Gi-yah, wake up, " I shouted at the void, still chasing the car which was clearly faster than me. " Please wake up, " I murmured between my sobs, kneeling on the ground as the car disappeared far away from me.

My eyes were a river of tears, transforming into the Niagara falls as the water drops wouldn't stop flowing down my face. Two arms were suddenly wrapping around my waist from behind, holding me still, just embracing me as we started getting honked at, while his jacket was covering our heads.

" Yah, if you want to be all lovey-dovey, go do it somewhere else, " a man shouted from his car, driving right next to us in order for him to leave.

We didn't move, staying in the same position as earlier as I continued to cry my heart out until eventually, I would run out of tears.

" I'm right here Y/N-ah, " the voice of Taehyung assured me. " I won't leave nor let you down, I promise. "

My clothes were getting wet from his tears, people were looking at us as if were some crazy teens causing a scene in the middle of the night for nothing, my head was hurting from thinking about Seung-Gi, but none of those stopped me from shedding all the sadness I had.

" Cry until you feel better and I swear everything will be fine, " he affirmed with a stiff voice before my body couldn't take it anymore and gave up.

| O N E  W E E K  L A T E R |

" Hey, how are you ? " a classmate of mine asked for the hundredth time, not leaving me breathe in peace for the past few days.

I appreciated how everybody wanted to know how I was feeling, but hated the fact that they only sympathized with me after something bad had happened to my best friend.

I stared at her for a good few seconds before faking a smile, not knowing how to elaborate on my feelings.

Seung-Gi was still laying on that same hospital bed, unconscious as ever as she was in a coma, and the culprit was living his best life somewhere, remaining uncaught by the police.

Walking down the path, on the way to the hospital, my bag was suddenly snatched away from me by Jungkook, remaining with that sweet comforting smile of his.

" Hey, " he said in a sad tone, carefully analyzing my facial expression. " Okay, you definitely need this, " he added, not letting the suspense come in as he immediately embraced me.

I hugged him back, finding the warmth that I highly needed. He waited until I was contented enough and let go of me when I was ready.

" I miss her so much, " I declared, taking a deep breath to hold back my tears.

" And so do I, " he spoke, shooting me a tender gaze, " You know what I also miss ? That sparkling smile of yours which is enough to erase all the problems I've ever had. "

I peered at him, trying to deliver that smile he dearly missed, but failed as soon as I attempted.

" You don't need to fake it Y/N-ah, because I know that after everything is settled down, I'll see that beautiful smile once again, I'll make sure of it, " he claimed, smoothly interlocking his fingers with mine as we were slowly making our way to visit Seung-Gi.

We arrived in Seung-Gi's room surprised to be greeted by the smell of her favorite perfume, as flowers and fruits were resting on the table next to her.

An empty chair was already placed beside her bed, when out of the blue, we heard the sound of the comfort room door close.

" Hey, " Taehyung uttered, moving his eyes away from mine and Jungkook's holding hands.

" Hi, " we both responded in chorus. " Hello to you too sleepy head. " I approached Seung-Gi's place, putting my hand on top of hers, realizing that earphones were placed in her ears.

Wanting to take a look at what she was been listening to, I grabbed the phone only to find an open Google page in which the research was left open.

" How to help coma patients wake up, " I read, whispering the words to myself.

I went through the whole page, before observing my surroundings and noticing that every tips written down in the article was currently followed in the room. My eyes directly went to Taehyung's figure, who was busily talking to Jungkook to let him catch up about Seung-Gi's condition.

A genuine smile appeared on my face in an instant, extremely touched by the things he had done. I was about to express my gratitude towards him when my hand felt a movement coming from Seung-Gi's hand.

My heart starting racing as I quickly peered at the guys, asking them I they had seen what I had witnessed. Then it happened again, her fingers started tapping the bed, slowly but surely. I blinked once, twice, even thrice just to make sure my eyes weren't messing up with me.

" Call the doctor Jungkook-ah, she's waking up, " I excitedly affirmed, not letting go of Seung-Gi's hand.

He did as I said while Taehyung went closer, concentrating all his attention on Seung-Gi.

" She did, you're right, she moved, " he happily remarked as the smile grew big on his face.

Within seconds, we found ourselves celebrating together by sharing a victory tight hug.

" This is it, she'll finally wake up, " he stated, caressing my back as joy was clearly inked in his voice. " We're getting our Seung-Gi back. "

×××

A/N : guess who's birthday it is homies ^•^ ? Well, this is my gift to y'all, thank you for being one of the biggest blessings I could have ever wished for =) ! I love you >~< !