Isabelle's Feelings

|~*~Unexpectedly Falling~*~|

Friday

October 26, 2012

Isabelle took a deep breath before speaking. “I get it, Emmett. You and Daphne... I can't come between that.” she took a shaky breath. “Just don't make this any harder for me than it already is.” she turned to walk away but was stopped.

Justin grasped her hand to keep her from leaving hm. He turned her around to face him. The look on his face made it clear that he wasn't leaving until she heard what he had to say. He removed his hand from hers. He lifted his hands up and started to sign.

Somehow Isabelle imagined Nikki to be Daphne whenever she and Justin would act out this scene. The girl standing in between her and Justin being together. She shook that thought away. But every time they had run through this scene, she always saw Nikki's face instead of Daphne from Switched at Birth.

Justin's voice snapped her out of her thoughts.

“Are you okay?” he asked. His amber eyes were filled with concern. “You didn't react when I said my line.”

“Yeah. I'm fine...” she said. “Let's take a break.” she sat down on the couch behind her.

“Okay.” Justin said. He bit his lip before speaking again. “Can I ask you something?”

“Go ahead.” Isabelle said.

“Do you know if Nikki likes me?”

When Justin asked that question, Isabelle felt her heart sink. Anytime that Justin mentioned Nikki, she would feel like this. It was wrong. She knew it was. But she couldn't stop herself from feeling this way. She was in too deep.

She had fallen for Justin.

She didn't even realize it was happening until it was too late. She finally saw what had made Nikki fall for him. His sweet smile, sense of humor, warm amber eyes, charming personality...

But then there was still Liam. She liked Justin, but she still had feelings for Liam, too. Which only made her situation that much harder. How could she have fallen for two? Two guys who just so happened to be best friends. No matter how much she wanted to be with Justin, she couldn't. Nikki liked him. It wouldn't be right to do that to one of her best friends. And then there was Liam. She wanted to be with him too, but there was also someone standing in the way of that. That someone was... Sami.

She liked Liam too. How much, she didn't know. Isabelle didn't need to hear it come from Sami's lips to know that Sami had fallen for Liam too. It was clear in the way that she talked to him, laughed with him... It was right there in her eyes. Had she realized it?

Justin snapped his fingers in front of Isabelle's face, causing her to be brought of her thoughts. “Isabelle? Earth to Isabelle?”

“Oh... Sorry.” Isabelle said. “Um... What was your question again?”

“I said do you know if Nikki likes me?”

Isabelle didn't want to lie to him just for the hope that he'd get over Nikki and be with her. But she didn't want to tell him the truth about Nikki's feelings either. What if Justin didn't feel the same way about her? That would crush her. And then it would make things awkward between them.

“I don't know... I think she does, but I'm not sure.” Isabelle said.

The expression on Justin's face was hard to read. He nodded. “Okay.” he said. Then he grinned. “I was thinking that the six of us could hang out tonight.”

“That sounds good. Do the others know?” Isabelle said.

“Not at all. We can just pick them up and say it's a surprise. I know that Sami is over at Liam's house working on their fox. And Kellin is over at Nikki's house working on their song” Justin said.

Nikki had been adopted the day after she got out of the hospital last week. Sami and Isabelle had been over to her new home a few times. Nikki seemed happy there. For the first time since she was thirteen, she had a real family. Even if none of them were biologically related.

Isabelle checked the time on her phone. It was 5:34 pm. “Let's pick them up at around seven.”

*~*~*~*~*

Hope you liked this chapter. :D

5 comments and 5 votes for the next chapter! And in the next chapter, something happens. ;D Comment and vote if you wanna find out!

-Zaira <3