All My Heart

|~*~Unexpectedly Falling~*~|

Later that afternoon Nikki was up in her room staring at some posters on her ceiling. She had been living with her adoptive parents, James and Amanda, for about a week and she loved it here. Her 'brother' and 'sister' were pretty cool. And it turns out, they liked the same things she did! She had her own room upstairs and had her stuff moved in there when she got there. And James and Amanda had insisted on buying her knew things. Not that Nikki could complain. She finally had a real family. Even if none of them were biologically related.

Just then she heard a knock on her door. “Come in!” she yelled. The door opened and Kellin stepped in with his guitar.

“Hey Nikki.” he smiled. Nikki felt her heart leap.

If you would've asked her a month ago if she would ever have feelings for Kellin Quinn, she would have said no. He was one of her best friend's crushes! You just don't do that to one of your friends. If you asked her that now, just the mention of his name sent her heart on overdrive. She was sure of her feelings for him when she was in the hospital last week. He had been nothing but nice and caring to her. It was obvious that he was cute. With his light skin, hazel-green eyes, sweet smile, and amazing personality. It was hard not to fall for him. But she also hated herself for feeling that way. What would Sami do when she found out? She'd freak.

She sat up in her bed and patted a spot next to him, gesturing for Kellin to sit next to her. “Hey Kellin.” she grinned.

“Ready to work on Fire? I got a few new lyrics.” he said. He brushed some of his hair out of his eyes.

“Okay.” she said. “Let me see the new part you wrote.”

Kellin flipped through the pages in his songbook before landing on Fire. He pointed to the new part. It had hers and Kellin's names for whenever it was their turn to sing. “Let's start from the second chorus.” he started playing his guitar.

(Kellin, Nikki, both)

You give what you have when you

Decide that you keep burning like fire,

It's burning you down.

Sometimes they say this should

Feel something like fire

'Til it burns you and you can't,

No, you can't remain the same.

Stay the same although you know,

They say this should

Feel something like fire.

No, I can't change.

Do what you wanna do.

Keep building it higher,

Keep burning it down.

You lose who you are when you

Keep burning like fire.

Like it's all around.

They stopped and looked at each other. “That was a great new part.” Nikki said. “It looks like we're almost done.”

“Yeah.” Kellin smiled.

“This would be a great song for Sleeping With Sirens.” Nikki added. “You guys should use it.”

“Really? That'd be cool. I'll give you credit for helping me write it.” he said. “So how are your arms?”