Acting and Fire

Here is chapter three! Hope you like it. :)

|~*~Unexpectedly Falling~*~|

Wednesday

October 3, 2012

The next day at school the girls were at their usual table at lunch.

“So Isabelle,” Sami said, drawing her friend's attention away from her food, “You know how you like guys who have soft spots for animals?”

“Yeah..?” Isabelle said, urging Sami to go on.

“Liam is a softy for animals! He has a pet dog named Sniffer.” Sami gushed.

Isabelle squealed and swallowed her food. “Really? That's great! Do you know if he likes me?”

“Tried asking but his lips are sealed.” she said. Sami turned her attention to Nikki. “What about Kellin?”

Nikki picked at her salad. “I didn't ask him.”

“Why?” Sami whined.

Nikki rolled her eyes playfully at Sami. “Because it's a bit too soon, don't you think? I'm not gonna bother him with that until we get closer as friends. To where he'll trust me. That should be easy though. From what you guys tell me, I'm a pretty trusting person.”

“So what did you two talk about?” Isabelle asked.

“His life, my life, music... His band is really good.” Nikki said and thought back to their performance yesterday.

“What kind of music does his band play?” Sami asked.

“Hardcore.”

“Oh.” Sami's smile, as well as her hopes, sank.

“Why so sad? Not everyone likes pop and rap.” Nikki said.

“I know... But hardly any hardcore bands write love songs, right?” Sami said.

“There's some love songs, but hardcore mainly focuses on life.” Nikki said.

“I can't tell because I can't understand all the screaming.” Isabelle said.

“'How stubborn are the scars when they won't fade away? Or just a gentle reminder that now are better days. We'll be home soon so dry your eyes. You'll be okay!'” Dylan said, quoting Asking Alexandria's song A Prophecy.

“Anyway,” Sami said. “Can you figure out if he likes me? And soon?” she grabbed Nikki's arm.

Nikki's eyes widened and she pulled her arm back while hissing in pain. She teared up a bit at the searing pain in her arm.

“Who are you okay? What happened?” Isabelle asked.

“I fell on it yesterday.” Nikki lied. Her dad had caught her last night and gave her an extra long beating. Her left arm now had fresh bruises and cuts which she hid under a Falling In Reverse hoodie.

“Oh well sorry.” Sami said.

“It's okay.” Nikki said and went back to eating her salad.

|~*~Unexpectedly Falling~*~|

Isabelle met up with Justin after school that day at his house. They went into his family's den.

“I was thinking maybe we could do a scene from Switched at Birth. Do you watch that show?”

“Of course!” Isabelle said. “Which scene were you thinking?”

“How about that one in that episode where they have the car wash? When Emmett and Bay are fighting. I can be Emmett and you can be Bay.” Justin said. He opened up a closed window on his laptop and played that scene. The scene was fairly easy. Justin would have to learn the sign language in it and be really into it because Emmett seemed upset there. It seemed easy for Isabelle too. She had to tear up, not fake tears but real ones, and sign and talk at the same time.

“And after that we can do the scene where they make up.” Isabelle suggested.

“The scene where Emmett talks for the first time?” Justin asked. Isabelle nodded. “Perfect.”

They spent the next ten minutes watching the first scene and learning their lines. Justin practiced the signing a few times. Then they started the first scene. Justin was in the middle of signing when he got confused. “Damn it!” he cursed. He was mad that he forgot his part, but laughed it off.

“Maybe we should take a break.” Isabelle suggested.

“Agreed.” Justin sat on the couch and motioned for Isabelle to do the same. They spent some time talking before trying out the second scene.

Justin was in the middle of signing to Isabelle. You weren't hearing, but you weren't deaf. You were Bay. After signing a few more lines, he gulped and tried speaking. “I... just... want... you.” Justin made his words come out stuttered and a bit off, considering he was playing a deaf person who had never spoken before.

Isabelle, as Bay, smiled and gave Justin a hug. As soon as Justin's arms came around her, Isabelle felt a jolt of electricity shoot through her. Why had she felt that? She didn't know what it was, but she kind of liked it.

|~*~Unexpectedly Falling~*~|

The next day in music class, Nikki and Kellin were hard at work on their song Fire. Nikki worked on the beginning part on her laptop. It would be the intro. Once it was done, she pressed play. Some drums were gonna be added later. Kellin strummed his electric guitar and sang. “Yeah... Yeah...” he played his guitar some more before singing his part from the first verse. “You made up your mind right before the sound can move softly from your lips.”

Nikki sang her line. “You leave behind a choice which once before you thought you could not resist.”

Kellin's voice became stronger as he sang the next part. “You give what you have when you decide that you-” Nikki joined him and sang with him, “Keep burning like fire, it's burning you down.”

Kellin continued to sing on his own. Sometimes they say this should feel something like fire 'til it burns you and you can't,”

Nikki sang the next part. “No, you can't remain the same. Stay the same,” Kellin joined her, “Stay the same, stay the same. I can't change.”

They stopped. That was all they had for their song.

“We are awesome.” Kellin grinned and gave Nikki a high five. “This song is gonna be great.”

“Yeah.” Nikki smiled. “I still have your band's song stuck in my head. The one that I heard you guys play. I just wish I could have it in my iPhone or something.”

Kellin smiled and pulled out his flash drive. He stuck it into Nikki's laptop. He moved it's contents into Nikki's iTunes library and showed it to her. “Voila. You now have all of Sleeping With Sirens songs in your iTunes.”

“Seriously?” Nikki asked with a grin on her face.

“Yup.” Kellin said. “Besides Do It Now, Remember It Later, the song you heard a few days ago, we have about three or four other ones.”

“Cool.” Nikki said.

Kellin grinned. “Hey I was wondering if you and your friends wanted to come to a gig we have next Friday.” he said.

“I'll definitely go. I'll see if they can.” Nikki said.

“Cool. Justin and Liam are coming too.” Kellin said.

Nikki's heart flipped when Kellin said Justin's name. Hopefully she'll be able to go to their gig and see Justin.

*~*~*~*~*

Picture of Justin on the right. :D By the way, if you listened to that song on the right yesterday (Do It Now, Remember It Later) and you're now in love with it, then you're welcome. ;D

Comment, vote, and fan me. <3

-Zaira <3