Chapter 12

Chapter 12

*Hazel POV*

The weeks finally over!! It’s Saturday night and I’m waiting for my mother to come home. I’ve decided that it may be time to tell my mum that I had found that I had a brother who happens to be part of one of the biggest boy-bands in the world. Yeah, this should be easy…

I don’t know where Karen is, probably at a party or at a boy’s house. I don’t care as long as she stays away from Sophie…

It’s gotten worse. Sophie and I don’t talk and I don’t have any friends at school now since Karen has sent the rumour that I bullied her around the school. I don’t know what to do.

Suddenly I hear the door open and close again. Footsteps come down the hall and then my mum appears in the room.

“Hello Hazel” my mum says when she sees me

“Hey mum, can I talk to you for a minute?” I ask deciding to get straight to the point

She nods and walks over, sitting down next to me on the couch.

“What’s wrong honey? Is this about a boy?” she asks raising an eyebrow

“What!! No mum!!”

She raises her hands in defence. “Okay, okay”

I roll my eyes “Well, you know when I went for my audition…”

Mum nods so I continue.

“I met a boy there who had the locket from my real parents. We decided to have a DNA test. Then on Saturday when I told you I was going out with friends I was actually meeting up with him to see the results. It turns out his my brother” I say. I look up at my mum

“And who is he, your brother? Do I know him? How old is he?” my mum asks

I take a deep breath. Here goes… “Yeah mum he is 22 years old, and his name is Louis Tomlinson.”

My mother’s eyes go wide. “Louis Tomlinson!! Like the Louis Tomlinson from One Direction, that band you're always on about”

“Yes mum, just don’t tell anyone else. Not even dad. It’s a secret.” I say

“You secrets safe with me” I mum says pretending to zip her lips and throw away the key. She’s such a child sometimes. “Anyway honey, do you know who the parents are?”

I shake my head. “They have Louis and mines lockets and notes to try and get something from that but otherwise we have no idea.”

My mother nods and hugs me. “Well, I’m happy for you Hazel”