Chapter 28

Chapter 28 (Un-edited)

It’s been exactly one week since the Louis and the rest of One Direction left to go to America. For the whole of this past week I have been stuck in my hospital room keeping myself occupied with books and watching the boys on TV.

“Hey Hazel, you nearly ready to go?”

I look up to see Sophie enter the room. Today is the day I am being released from hospital. Though my injuries are still evident and very sore, Dr Henry decided that I was allowed to leave as long as I be careful and take care of myself, including applying the ointment to my burns.

“Yeah, let me just grab one more thing.” I respond looking around for my phone.

“Okay I’ll meet you outside.” Sophie says before leaving the room, once again leaving me alone.

I finally find my phone under the pillows and see that I have one new message.

Louis

Call me when you get to Sophie’s house

I roll my eyes at Louis’s protectiveness and put the phone in my pocket not bothering to respond.  Grabbing my suitcase with everything I had used in the last couple of weeks in it, I walk out of the room. I see Sophie and her parents over with Dr Henry. As I walk over Dr Henry gives Sophie’s parents the burn ointment and I can’t help but groan at the thought of the pain it causes.

“Ah here you are Hazel. Remember to be careful and don’t do anything that might cause those stitches to reopen.” Dr Henry says, smiling at me once I have reached where they are.

I nod in response.

“Okay, well I better be off. Goodbye Hazel, Mr and Mrs Fera.” Dr Henry nods to us before walking off in the opposite direction.

“Well, have you got everything Hazel? Here let me take that for you.” Mr Fera says to me taking my suitcase from me.

“Yes that’s everything and thanks.”

Mr Fera only smiles in response.

Mrs Fera claps her hands together. “Let’s get going shall we”

We all follow Mrs Fera to the lift which takes us to the ground floor and the car park. Once we make it to the car Sophie and I sit in the back while Sophie’s parents get in the front. Mr and Mrs Fera start to make their own conversation as the hour car journey starts while Sophie and I sit in silence. Before all this happened we would have been talking nonstop, but now there seems to be a barrier between us, an unfamiliar silence that no one seems able to break.

I sigh and reach into my pocket to pull out my iPod and headphones I had put in there earlier, setting it up that soon the sound of the music feels my mind, blocking out everything thing else in the world and focusing on the instrument and vocals mixing together. I close my eyes, resting my head against the window, listening to the lyrics that make me smile. It’s strange to think how lyrics of a song can relate to your life even without the artist who wrote them even knowing you. I like to think music is a way of connecting us. Music shares stories, helps us through hard times, brings us together and makes us feel like there is so much more to this world than what we can see from where we stand. Listening to the soft vocals flow into my ears, it reminds me of why I started singing and why I agreed on the audition where I first met One Direction. Where would I be now if I hadn’t met them? What would I be doing? I can’t help but let these thoughts flood through my mind.

I shake my head gently making the thoughts tumble out and the music replacing it once again. I don’t need to be thinking like that. What happened had happened and I don’t think I would have changed a thing.