{6: You Promised}

a/n: lol yes i changed her name to madison oops

madison's pov. interrogating room, avengers complex, USA.

"Why are you here, Madison?" Ali paced in front of me. I struggled with the giant metal chair that held me securely in it's grasp.

"Isn't that obvious?" I growled.

She sighed. "Well, no." Aliyanova, crossed her arms, and bit her lip.

"I missed you."

"Well so did I," I bite back, "Until you deserted me."

"I didn't desert you, Madison. I-"

"-then what do you call leaving a me, a poor 10 year old kid, to the ridicule of the whole school, and the slavery of General Kornikiv and the Russian Government and -" I broke off bitterly, and looked away, blinking back tears. "I missed you too. But you showed you didn't care for me, so now I'm showing you that I don't care for you either."

Aliyanova came closer to me. "I'm so sorry, Madison. I wish I could have been there for you. I thought about you every night."

"And what do thoughts do?" I bit back, glaring daggers at her face.

"I really am sorry. I made a mistake. I don't think I can make it up to you."

"Actually, you can," I said, my sarcastic self coming back. "You can break up with that turkey headed dude Steve."

Ali rolled her eyes. "He's not my boyfriend. He was just coming to escort me to pick you up."

Still, I gritted my teeth and struggled with the metal handcuffs around my wrists.

"Natasha-or what ever they call you-" I struggled again. "Let me go."

She laughed ruefully. "Maddie, why would I do that?"

I was taken aback at her calling me my old nickname. But it didn't stop my anger. "Because I'm done with you. I'm over it. I thought I missed you, but now I don't."

Raising her eyebrows, she came closer. "Madison, I-"

"I don't want to hear it."

"-I left for the same reason you hate General Kornikiv. Why are you still ok with working for them?"

I stopped. "I-I don't know. I don't have a choice."

"I'm giving you a choice."

"-But I can't trust you anymore. You left me." A tear slipped down my face, and I glared harder. I didn't want to show her that I cared. Aliyanova shook her head and came closer to me, putting her hands around my wrists.

"Madison, I-"

There was a click behind Aliyanova, and both of us look up.

"Peter!" A teen boy poked his head into the room. Ali looked very annoyed. "Peter, we're busy in here, if you can't tell."

My years of training have taught me to not get distracted when I've got a job to do. Swiftly, I ejected my claws, and they shot into her wrists. Before they sunk too deeply into them, though, she pulled her hands back, blood dripping everywhere now. Darn her quick reflexes. I could have killed her and finished my job.

"Nat!" The kid ran in, his brown eyes wide with surprise. Ali ripped off a strip of cloth from her shirt and tied it quickly around her wrists, trying to stop blood. I'm pretty sure there was enough blood everywhere, on me, her, and the floor, to fill a several cups to the brim. After looking at me with a very confused look, the kid ran out into the hallway, calling someone's name.

Aliyanova turned to me, holding her wrists as best she could with the opposite hand. "Maddie, you promised you wouldn't ever hurt me."

I glared daggers back at her. She really didn't get it. "You promised too!" I yelled, and then the tears came again.

Sighing, Aliyanova grimaced against the pain and looked at me. "I know. I let you down. But I'm not going to anymore. I'll..." She sank into a chair, breathing hard, and I could see the blood seeping through the makeshift bandage she'd attempted to make. Seeing the blood hurt me. I realized I couldn't do this. I couldn't kill her. The tears came again.

"Go get your doctor or something." I forced, hating myself for crying and being a softie.

She shook her head, but she was loosing blood and consciousness.

"Go." I turned my head away. I couldn't take it anymore, seeing the blood and remembering what she did for me. "I'm sorry. I'm sorry, Ali, I didn't want to do this."

Aliyanova's head jerked up. "You're sorry?" she asked quietly, surprise and relief in her face. I looked to see any anger or facetiousness. None.

"Yes. I'm sorry. I-I..." I thought about how she had left me, and the thought made me angry a little bit. But then I realized that she was the only real "family" I could ever have. I didn't want to go back to General Kornikiv. I couldn't. I had no idea what they could have done to make me want to kill Aliyanova. Guilt washed over - or rather, drowned - me, and I couldn't stop crying. I hadn't cried in a long time. I'd become tough. But this was too much.

"I'm sorry. I'm sorry." Was all I could blubber, and though my tears, I could see her struggle to stand up.

"It's okay, Maddie. All's forgiven."

She stepped back and collapsed in unconsciousness just as Steve, Peter, and another girl ran in.