Chapter 2

NANDINI

I sigh and again close my eyes, "Just go away."

"I'm not here to go away Cupcake." Even tough I can't see his face, I know he has that smug face on.

"Don't. Don't call me that." I lift my index finger and point it to him.

"What? Cupcake!?"

"Yes, that!"

"Why Cupcake?"

"Because I don't like it." Anger is starting to build inside the pit of my stomach and him pissing me off is not helping at all.

"You've always been my Cupcake and I've always called you that, toh ab kya problem hai?" I can hear his temper increasing too, but, like always, I don't care.

I open my eyes, but stare at the ceiling afraid to meet his eyes, "Everything's changed Manik."

"No, nothing has changed. And you are still my Cupcake." I get up with a jerk and stand exactly in  front of him.

"No I'm not Manik! I'm not your Cupcake anymore." His nostrils flare, but who cares!?

"Yes, you are."

"No, I'm not Manik."

He holds my left arm and pulls me closer to him, "Why not?"

I let out a chuckle to which he makes a confused face, "Ask that to yourself Manik."

He takes his eyes off me to the ground still with that confused expression.

I try to free myself from his grip but he pulls me closer, "I don't know."

"What?"

"I don't know the reason behind your this cold behaviour towards me." This time I'm not letting you play the innocent card Manik.

"Really Manik Malhotra!?" I let out a mocking laugh, before pushing him with little force freeing myself, "You should know. Because you're the sole reason behind it."

"Listen-" Just leave.

"Why are you here Manik?" I dare to look into his eyes, the ones that always manage to melt me.

"I wanted to talk to you." He locks our eyes and I know if I don't pull apart soon, I'll melt.

"Kyu?" I manage to break the eyelock, even tough a part of me wants to look back again.

"What you mean by 'kyu'? You're my Cupcake, and I-"

"I'm not you're Cupcake anymore Manik. Just get that clear in your head." My voice comes in higher pitched voice than I indented, but it's good it did.

He takes a step closer and holds my cheeks with both his hands, "Why? Why are you saying that?"

That voice, he remembers. He remembers how his this voice makes wonders on me.

"Six years Manik. Six freaking years." And this is how you know, you've melted.

"Six years. No visiting. No calls. Not even a message." I look up into his eyes and something passes through them, pain? guilt?

"I'm-"

"I was waiting for you Manik. All this time." I gulp the lump forming in my throat, because I need to tell him, he needs to know, "Your Cupcake!? You lost her. You lost her six years ago when you decided to never talk to her ever again."

"No, that's- that's not true. I haven't lost her. No, I-I haven't. And I never will." I wish that was possible. I wish.

"That's the truth Manik. You lost her when you decided to just leave her standing in a park holding a rose. You lost her when you didn't even look back."

His hands fall back to him, but he stays numb, "You've lost every bit of her in these six years. She doesn't exist in me anymore. So don't ask for her." My vision blurrs from the tears that start to bulid in them.

I close my eyes and look at the floor when his voice hits my ears, "I haven't. I haven't lost her. She's- she's still there in you. She's just a little angry from me, but-- but I know how to manofy her." Don't make this so complicated for me Manik. Just leave like you did six years ago.

"Why? Why don't you just accept.. that she-" He cuts me in between by lifting my chin with thumb and index finger.

"Because she will never leave her Manu. She- She had promised me. She promised that she will never leave."

"Her Manu had promised her the same thing, but he broke it." Accept the reality Manik. You have lost her.

"I know I did a huge mistake, but I'm- I'm very sorry. Please, please, please forgive me. Please." I know he wants to cry, but he's holding himself.

"Your sorries aren't enough to fill that emptiness, Manik." I take a step back, building some courage to say my next words.

"I know it's not enough. I know it. But I'm willing to do anything to have her back. To fill that emptiness." But I won't give you that chance.

"Leave." The room falls silent with just one word of mine.

"No." I knew it. He's still as stubborn as he was six years ago.

"Just leave Manik."

"I won't Nandini." A tear slips hearing my name after so long.

"Yes, you have to Manik. Because the person you're looking for is no more here."

I feel a jerk in my arm and I land on his chest directky, "Shut up Nandini. Just, shut up."

"Kyu? I didn't say anything in all these years, so I will now." He shakes his head, not uttering a word.

"Just accept the reality Manik. Just accept the fact that she no more exists. As that's your fault. It's your fault that she doesn't want you in her life anymore." I know my words are hurting him badly, but I don't care, he needs to face the reality, "Accept that you are the reason behind this."

Something I never thought happened. His eyes fill with tears just like mine.

I don't want to see you like this Manik, but I can't help it.

"Leave now, Manik. Just the way you did six years ago."

He closes his eyes and opens them again with determination.

"I'm not here to leave Nandini. I want my Cupcake back and I will have her back. Just wait and watch." No. No, please don't do this Manik.

He takes two steps back from me and turns his back putting one of his legs out of the window, "Tell here that I miss her. And that I'm sorry."

With that he jumps to the ground, leaving me standing still on my place thinking about his words again and again while more and more tears fall from my eyes.

. . . . .
Emotional one!? Yep.

Sorry if it wasn't good enough.

I hope you like it.
Do vote and comment.

Rabbit