Chapter 16

Nandini

"Why do people come to school when all they have to do is distract people or text?" I face Navya as I sit and ask her that question, only to receive a confused look from her.

"Leave it!" Her eyebrows furrow more then before as she shrugs and returns to whatever they were talking earlier.

I pick a pencil and start stabbing the paper as hardly as I can, completely ignoring my surroudings, until the whole class stands up to welcome the teacher.

Once we all sit back, and he starts explaining, I get another sheet out to take notes, but before I know it, I'm scribbling things on the side of the paper.

By the end of the hour, God knows how many things I've written or drawn, some even covering the notes, which reminds me that I'll have to make these notes again, neatly.

As the bell rings, everyone lash out of the class, including Navya, which leaves me to be the last one, but soon a voice proves it wrong, "Hey!"

I ignore that voice and pick my bag, when he holds my elbow to retract me, "Why are you so angry on me, now?"

"Manik, don't you understand? I'm not interested in talking to you. So, just keep away from me." I push his hand away and try to walk away, but he quickly blocks my way.

"But, ye toh batado ke huya kya hai?" I'm most probably pushing his buttons now, because he's starting to sound annoyed as hell, but that doesn't stop me from not going out of the class door, not before hearing, "This girl will make me crazy."

Same, Manik, same.

I shake my head trying to avoid thinking about Manik, which seems to have become impossible lately.

Instead of walking to the left corridore, I take the right one which leads me to the field.

Aryaman is going to finally play after his injury and the whole school is excited about it.

I know Navya won't wait for me after school ends, as it's not the first time I'm going to bunk to see their match.

I step my feet on the freshly cut grass and intake the nature's heart warming scent.

I smile to myself once I walk to the centre, where the door to the field is located.

As I step inside with a smile plastered on my face,  all the boys turn their head towards me, making me bite my lower lip in nervousness.

It's not the first time I'm here this early, but since Aryaman's injury, I had stopped coming, to which now it seems a little weird to stand here.

I free my bottom lip and give them my best smile to hide the real sentiments behind, and show them a thumbs up.

My orba travel back and forth them, as my they despertly search for the ones who will be filled with joy after seeing me here.

"Nandini." A familiar voice calls, and I take no time to turn around with the brightest smile I could ever muster right now.

He walks up to me mirroring the kind of smile I have, if not a brighter one.

Once he's two standing two steps away, I wrap my arms around his shoulders and pull him in a tight hug, "I'm so happy for you, Aryaman!"

I know he's laughing at my excitment as his body vibrates, while we pull away.

"Thank you, Ms. Nandini Murthy." I press my lips and stretch them, "You're most welcome Mr. Aryaman Khurana."

He shakes his head, before asking me to wait outside as he wants to have a final talk with his coach.

I don't even understand why they need a coach, when Aryaman is much better than their trainer itself, from what I've seen in a couple of practices.

I take my mobile out, to check if mom replied to the message I had sent telling her about this match, so she doesn't get worried in case she receives a notification.

There are no messages from her, but one from Navya.

'Nandu, sab thik hai na?'

'Haa Navya, tum aisa kyu puch rahi ho?'

A mesage instantly pops again, which makes me frown in confusion.

'Nahi, humein laga kuch gadbad hogi.'

I type again, writing my exact thoughts.

'Navya, gadbad kyu hogi? Kuch huya hai kya? Tum mujhe confuse kar rahi ho.'

'Tum Manik se mili?'

God! Ab ye Manik kahaan se aaya? Ab isne kya kiya? Ye ladka kuch na kuch gadbad kyu karta rehta hai?

'Nahi. But usne kya kiya?'

I type a message back to Navya, but before I can send it, a long one from her comes, so I delete mine.

'Wo class me enter huya aur apne humesha wale desk pe betha. Uske baad jab sab aagaye aur teacher bhi, wo khada hogaya.
Jab teacher ne pucha, ki kya huya, usne bola ke emergency hai jaana padega.
But teacher ne jaane nahi diya.
Usne unko manane ki bhi koshish ki, but koyi faida nahi huya.
Toh usko gussa aaya aur wo teacher pe chillaake, chala gaya.'

Right now, I don't feel just shocked, but a hundred times more than that. But mostly I have a thousand questions running through my brain, which only he'll be able to answer.

'Pata nahi. But thanks, batane ke liye.'

As a response, I only get a thumbs up emoji, and I know it's because teacher must've come back or something.

My eyebrows come together as I shut my eyes tigthly and open them again, only to fall on Aryaman's face as he comes towards me.

Once he reaches, he opens the passenger door for me, like the true gentleman that he is.

I just smile at him, trying not to look worried and ignore that feeling, especially since Manik is involved.

That guy has some power on me, that I hate from the core of my heart, but I'm incapable of getting him out of my mind.

Soon, Aryaman starts the car and we're sliding on the roads.

Only if I had known, I wasn't the only person getting frustrated because of someone else's actions.

.
.
.

I know, long time no see.
And I'm really very sorry for it. From the bottom of my heart. Very sorry.

I've just too busy with studies, and I can hardly find time.

SORRY!

But here's the update, so do tell me what you think.

Keep smiling :)