Liberation From This Power Is All I Wish

I quickly pushed the thought at the back of my mind. I should stop thinking this kinds of thoughts. It makes me lose control over this power that I don't even know why I have this and what is the purpose of this.

"Hey Kevin"

I quickly averted my gaze from the ceiling and looked at the door. She was standing there and it seems that she sensed that I have something bugging my mind.

"Do you have any problem? Did it go out of control again? Are you alright?" she asked with a worried face.

"No mom. I'm fine.....really" I said and resumed staring at the ceiling.

"Okay Kev but remember that I'm always here, for you."

I just looked at her and said nothing.

"Come downstairs and eat. The pancakes are getting cold."

"Can you just give me the pancakes? I don't feel like eating downstairs." I said.

"Are you sure? Did something happen when you took a stroll?"

"Nothing mom. I'm just not feeling well." I just said to make her stop asking questions that even I don't know the answers.

Am I really okay? Do I really need someone to help me? What's with this power that I have to live alone with no friends and always having to protect everyone around me. And what's that eerie feeling earlier? I feels like someone was stalking me. I feel like I'm a monster trying to become like everyone else. An unwanted being, having to conceal this b*llsh*t that makes me 'special.' Am I --

"Kev? Kev? I think you need some rest." I heard mom said lightly tapping my shoulder.

I quickly sat down on the edge of the bed and said to her "No mom really I'm fine. Guess I'm just hungry. I wanna eat." I just said. She then went outside to get the breakfast.

I stared at my hands. Out of curiosity, I aimed it at a glass of water I left last night and what I saw sent me chills. The glass kept shaking causing waves of water inside it. Some of it spilling at the table. I quickly closed my hands and I am now shaking with fear. And it was too late when I realized that it was really a bad idea. All furnitures in my room trembled. My books in the shelves fell to the floor and the glass of water broke.

"Someone help me!"

That was all that came out of my mouth. The trembling worsened that the mirror of my wardrobe shattered into a million pieces of glass that shimmered across the room reflecting the light coming out of the window that was also about to crack. I saw my reflection in a piece of shattered mirror. I saw a young man in pain and fear. This only made the situation rose. I panicked. My head was throbbing in pain. The windows of my room shattered hitting me with the shattered pieces of glass in my arms and face causing blood to flow across my pale skin.

"KEVIN! ARE YOU ALRIGHT? WHAT~" came my mom's voice from the door that swung open revealing the mess I created. Fearlessly, she dropped the tray of food and came running towards me.