EIGHT

jungwoo could never quite grasp why walking from the campus library to the west dormitories extorted so much of his energy. he took the same path nearly every day. the walk was quite long, but he had taken nearly the same path last year in his freshman year, though he was in the northern dormitories—which was even farther!

the campus was pretty, jungwoo would gladly admit. he enjoyed the peaceful (and other times not so peaceful) walks from the cool library to the loud dorms. on his way he passed through the quad and jungwoo often found himself admiring the groups there without realizing it. there were the foreigners who would talk animatedly in their mother-tongue, a group of juniors who would kick a soccer ball around, three PR students, and a freshman boy jungwoo often saw with a notepad and a number-two pencil.

occasionally jungwoo found himself walking with ten or even mark lee, a freshman majoring in music. the foreign-exchange student was nice company; often poetic, and always carrying a small book and a writing utensil. mark was usually quiet unless talking about something he was passionate about or if he was around friends, but jungwoo liked the quiet.

it was a wednesday and jungwoo was dead tired. he had many classes today, and went to the library for three hours to study. three! occasionally jungwoo regrets majoring in nursing. it was a wednesday and jungwoo took his usual walk back to the west dormitories, an extra weight weighing down his body. his shoulders were slumped; a large contrast to his typically perfect posture.

it was wednesday and jungwoo found a small plastic tupperware filled to the brim with milk chocolate hershey kisses. there was a blue post-it on the box. a short note was written in black pen, a couple of words scribbled out. whoever left the note did a shoddy writing job, but jungwoo grinned never the less. he squatted down and pulled off the post-it, reading it over quickly.

'dear jungie,
    want a kiss?

    i hope this isn't too creepy for you,  but i assume you knew i attend college with you. don't stress over that bio test coming up! you'll do amazing! you really shouldn't spend so much time at the library, jungwoo. you need rest. take care of yourself and be safe!

-x'

despite the heavy mass he felt on his shoulders; despite the dreary day; despite his stress over the upcoming exam he had in biology, jungwoo genuinely smiled.

all because of an anonymous admirer.

a/n;
during my absence donghyuck officially wrecked me so hi, i now ult the sun

btw i'm basing most of this on my limited knowledge of college. so, its all based around american colleges bc i have no idea wtf its like in korea and i have three older siblings and multiple older cousins who are all in or have graduated college so my knowledge comes from them