eight // part one

"I hate you, I hate you, I hate you, I hate you, I hate you." I scream at my phone throw it down to the couch. It's bein' slow as fuck. I turn on Netflix and look up 'Orange Is the New Black' because that show is life. I finished all ninety-six episodes of 'My Name Is Earl' so now, it's time to dedicate my summer to a different show. I hit the play button and watch it load.

Knock, knock, knock.

"I'm tryna watch a mother fuckin' show, you little shit," I grumble lowly. If you haven't already figured it out, I cuss a lot.

I look through the window, and it's Aaron. I sigh. I haven't seen him in awhile, and he still looks as hot as ever. I slowly twist the doorknob and open the door.

"Cheyenne," he breathes. He opens his arms and steps forward to hug me. I let his arms wrap around me and find myself doing the same to him. "I miss you so much." I feel myself about to cry so I sniff. "Aw, baby, no. Please, don't cry. I'm sorry. I was jerk. I've been so worried about you." He rubs my back, and I press further into him.

"I love you, I love you, I love you, I love you, I love you," I whisper to him. "I love you so much." I squeeze him then let go. He doesn't let go at first, but finally releases me. He grabs my face in his hands, and I rest my cheek against his palm. The pad of his thumb runs over my bottom lip, and I smile ever so slightly.

"Can I kiss you?" He looks from my lips to my eyes and searches for a 'yes' or 'no'. I nod, slowly at first, but then it turns eager. He leans in and captures my lips with his. He takes one of his hands from my face and slips it behind my head, pressing his lips to mine. He hesitantly pulls away, and I lick my lips. "I love you," he says, and I feel like crying again.

"I'm sorry for like, ignoring you. I-I.. you know I have issues with people, so when you ignored me, I got angry. You know how I get." I bite my lip and fiddle with my fingers. "I just thought.. that maybe we were over, and it scared me. I just really want to be happy, ya know? For once in my life, I'd like to be happy again." I felt the tears, but I wiped them away before Aaron did.

"Babe, I was rude to you first. I'm jealous of the way you're friends with guys. I don't care what you do with your girl friends, but when you start hanging out with Nash and Cameron and stuff like that, I think you are gonna leave me."

"I know, and I know no matter how many times I tell you we've been friends forever and nothing is gonna happen, that it won't matter. You are always going to be a jealous little shit. But you'll be my jealous little shit." I don't lean in for a long kiss, but just a few pecks. "We should probably move out of the doorway and like either go in or out." We both laugh.

"Do you want me to come in?"

"Why wouldn't I? I'm kind of alone, and now that you're here, we can watch a scary movie."

"God, I love you." He takes my hand, and we go to the couch. I turn of 'Orange Is the New Black' and look through the horror section. 'Haunt' seemed like a good movie so I play it. Part way through, I was scared, but it was such a good movie. "Babe, I can turn it off."

"No, no. What the hell? It's a good ass movie." I was holding his hand so tightly, I thought I was gonna break it, but like I said, it's a good movie.

"I didn't wanna watch this in the first place." He leans forward to grab the remote, but I smack his hand.

"I swear to God if you touch that remote, I'll throw it at your head," I threaten.

"Okay then." He leans back and wraps an arm around my shoulder. We finish watching the movie and when it's over, I turn back on OITNB.

"What do you wanna do for the rest of the night? Have you eaten?" Aaron asks, and I shake my head.

"Not hungry."

"Oh, well, I am. I'm gonna go to like McDonald's or something. Do you wanna come with me?" I shake my head again. "Are you sure you don't want anything?"

"I'm sure, just don't be long." I give him a small smile.

"Okay, are you okay?"

"I'm fine." He stands up and kisses my forehead.

"Be back soon." He walks out the door, and I bring my knees to my chest. I wrap my arms around them and rock back and forth. I hear a car start. Aaron must have driven his mom's car here. It pulls out and speeds away. My phone rings, and I stare at it on the coffee table. It's Cameron's ringtone, but I don't want to answer. I know what he's going to say, and I don't really want to hear it right now. It finally stops ringing, and I close my eyes. It sings twice, signaling two text messages. I put my head down and breathe; in and out, in and out. My phone rings again, but it's Nash this time. After a couple more rings, I reach over and answer it.

"Hello," I croak.

"Cheyenne," Nash sighs into the phone. "Are you alright?"

"Mhm," I mumble a bit.

"Is Aaron there yet?"

"He just left."

"Okay, well he said you weren't hungry."

"Because I'm not."

"We're not doing this again."

"We're not doing anything again. I am."