Chapter 1

How did Zoe and Alfie make the transaction from a friendship to a relationship? Here they reminisce and tell the story from their own point of views. Enjoy!

Chapter 1- Valentines

Alfie's POV:

A million thoughts rushed through my mind. My heart battled with my brain. It refused to let me say what I was about to say but I had to. 'We're not in a relationship, we're not together, we wouldn't be cute together... we're literally two friends making a video together for you'. There I said it. That was the hardest thing I ever had to say as every little part of me disagreed. I sat beside Zoe in her bedroom in front of the camera. It was the 10th February 2013 four days before Valentines day. Joey Graceffa nominated zoe and myself to do the love and valentines tag. Secretly neither of us were sure whether to do it as it is an awkward topic between two FRIENDS but neither of us refused so there we sat answering endless questions and talking about love and valentines.

We filmed her video first. I remember clearly the moment Zoe said 'I would just quickly like to point out we're not doing this video because we're lovers' 'We're not?' I joked, then we high fived and I uttered the word 'friends' in a wobbly high pitched voice. Oh how I hoped nobody would notice.

Next we filmed 'My Valentines date' on my channel. I had to make it extremely clear that we weren't in a relationship for all the Zalfie fanatics who 'ship' us. There was just one small problem- I shipped us. I was and still am in love with Zoe Sugg.

In her video I had to ask the question- Do you believe in love at first sight? She said that she had never experienced it and I made up some silly story about how I couldn't breathe the first time I saw One Direction live to distract myself. Of course I said no afterwards but the truth is I have always had feelings for Zoe but had managed to shove them down.

Those two videos were the hardest videos I've ever had to film but theres no doubt it triggered the making of our Zalfie relationship.