Six

Phil wasn't kidding about upping his advances on Dan. He had lost what little sense of personal space he possessed, and was constantly touching, kissing, and occasionally licking Dan whenever he could. It was suffocating, but in a somewhat affectionate way, and even though Dan had tried many times to stop, he never backed down. And so he had gotten used to it.

It was really strange, because Dan usually swore off any kind of physical contact that wasn't neccessary. But with Phil it was different. He didn't know what it was, but he didn't know if he liked it or not.

  It was a few days after the whole 'Make-You-Fall-In-Love-With-Me' thing. School had let out not too long ago, and Phil was clinging to Dan's arm as they walked to Dan's locker. They were gonna head over to his house to start on the project, and Dan hoped that it wouldn't be as disaterous as last time.

  They hadn't had any more discussion of Dan kissing Phil, but they had just mutually agreed to let it go.

  After the long (and excruciating) drive over to his house, they went inside and up to his room. His mum wasn't home this time so they didn't have to worry about any distractions from her.

  "And we're actually going to work this time. No weird stuff, we do have to finish this." Dan was saying as they flopped onto the bed and started pulling things from their bags. They had at least started reading the play, all they really needed to do was take notes and compare them.

  For the next half hour, it was silent except for the sound of pages flipping and the scratch of pens on paper. It was a lot of work, since the wording was so difficult and almost impossible to understand, but they were making progress.

  And as the time wore on, Dan couldn't stop himself from thinking just how stupid these two characters were. They did the most mind blowing things, all for the attention of the other. It was all so uneccessary and stupid. Juliet was younger than him, for Christs sake. Dan just didn't understand his todays people admired this story so much. He almost vomited at the things they went on about.

  But Phil was definately a different story. He just looked so engrossed in the pages, he didn't seem to be aware of anything else. His eyes were glazed over slightly, and glued to the book. Every once in a while he would sigh dreamily, and it was really distracting.

"I just love this story so much." He said out loud. Dan looked up from his writing to stare at him.

  "Seems like a load of bullshit to me." He replied, and Phil gaped at him, eyes wide.

  "How could you possibly think that?" He said. "This story has got to be the most beautiful thing anyone has ever written or read."

  "I just think the whole thing is dumb."

  "You're so damn stubborn, Dan. What is it that made so repulsed by the idea of two people loving each other?" Phil asked, and he looked so genuinely curious.

   Dan smirked. "I don't find it repulsive, I just don't think its real." He said.

  He'd never had much contraversy when it came to his views on this subject, mostly because people didn't usually know about it. It wasn't on his list of things to tell people. He'd never had to argue his side before, but with Phil, he was constantly trying to defend his point of view. And if he was being honest, he actually really enjoyed the arguments.

  Phil shifted so that he was a bit closer to Dan. "You can't tell me that there isn't just a small part of you that has a tiny ounce of love for one person in the entire world." He said, and he was smiling at the same time.

  "My parents."

  "Not including them."

  "I've never loved anyone, Phil. Sure, I've liked people in a sort of intimate way, and I've had crushes. But never love. And I never will." Dan said. He didn't know why Phil always brought it up, but he always got the same answer.