Chapter 7 - Pressure

Merry Christmas Readers!  Thought I'd give the gift of a new chapter to this story after a 1 1/2 year hiatus!

This chapter was inspired by the song "Slow Hands" by Niall Horan. Feel free to take a listen as you read!

"Watch your step." Jay warned as she entered his plush and cozy home. Ms. Harper's body shivered from the stark difference from the cold rain and radiant warmth of the house. Jay noticed.

"Here, I'll take these" he says taking her wet jacket. "I'll go get you some fresh clothes to wear."

"Oh that isn't necessary, Jay. I can leave now." she began, but Jay was already around the corner by the time she spoke.

"Nonsense!" He yelled back to her. "That storm is intense."

Ms. Harper sighed and begrudgingly took her jacket and boots off. Jay did have a point, she was drenched.

"Besides, it'll take about 20 minutes to dry your clothes, tops, promise!" Jay came back from around the corner.

When Ms. Harper turned she was greeted by warm clothes and Jay's with his sculpted abdomen exposed before her. She could see it was still partially wet from the rain as it glistened against the lights from the kitchen.

"Jay!" She screamed in embarassment

"What?" he shrugged.

"You're shirt's off!" she clicked her teeth.

He smirked. "So? It's just me in my pants. No big deal."

"Just hurry up and put some clothes on."

He chuckled and mockingly replied, "Sorry, Ms. Harper." A smile spread on his face as wide as the ocean. "Here are your clothes, the bathroom is around the the corner from the kitchen." He left the clothes on the chair next to her.

"Thanks, Jay."

He takes her wet clothes and leaves to put them in the dryer and continues to change. "Feel free to make some tea!" He tells around the corner.

After making a cup of chamomile tea, she takes a seat on his couch in the living room taking slow sips.

Jay returns fully clothed with a blanket and wraps it around her, gazing into her eyes, "You know," he began sitting down next to here on the sofa. There's this poem I wrote for the Lit magazine and since you're here, I thought you could read it, maybe?" He hands her the poem, staring at her in hope as she reads his poem."

"