Chapter Six: What A Fool I've Been

"Libitina?" I called out.

I just walked through the door after meeting Gus at the train station. He was giving me Libitina's hospital bill. Unfortunately having a girlfriend in a coma for 4 months isn't cheap...

I stopped by a gas station and grabbed a bag of chips that Libitina liked and a couple lottery tickets.

I walked through the door and everything was...odd. Everything was clean and organized, almost as if a cleaning fairy came through.

"Welcome home!" I heard a voice say.

I looked behind me to see Libitina wearing my Texas school sweatshirt. It was way too big for her so the sleeves went over her hands.

She smiled sweetly as I looked around.

"Did...did you do this?" I asked.

"Yup! Can I show you around?" She asked.

"Y-Yeah..."

Libitina grabbed my hand with the sleeve still covering hers and led me through the living room.

Everything was nice and neat and the room was well lit by a lamp that I knocked over weeks ago.

The kitchen looked clean and all of the dishes were done. My house looked... presentable.

"Libitina you didn't have to do this..." I said.

"Just think of it as a thank you for seeing me...well half of it."

"What about the other half?" I asked.

"The other half you have to work off."

Libitina smirked at me and handed me a broom. She pointed outside and I let out a long sigh.

I would spend hours following Libitina's orders on redoing the landscape around the house, mowing the lawn, cleaning the gutters, trimming the bushes, and all the other horrible tasks Libitina would make me do.

There was a tree outside my front lawn and the rest of the lawn was clear. I finished planting flowers out front of my house and walked over to Libitina, who was sitting on her knees under the shade of the tree.

"I'm. Exhausted." I said.

I fell to my knees and Libitina smiled at me. She slowly lowered my head onto her thighs and turned my head to look up at her.

"Thank you for making our home beautiful, Harmon." Libitina said sweetly.

She looked down at me with a smile and my gaze fell into her big yellow eyes. She played with my hair while we looked at each other.

"So Libitina..." I said.

"Yeah?"

"How's about a kiss?"

Libitina looked up as her cheeks turned red. I knew that she was trying to keep it together while I layed on her, but I knew she would break at some point.

"H-Harmon!" She said.

I love it when Libitina gets embarrassed, not to mention it's great payback for making me do all this work.

"C'mon Libitina...why noooot?" I said in a childish voice.

Libitina looked off into space and realized that I was playing with her. She looked down at me with an angered look while I giggled at her embarrassment.

She poked my forehead with an aggressive force and let out an evil grin.

"Maybe after d-dinner...you dummy." She said.

Libitina stood up so I took my head off of her thighs, and rested it on the grass. I watched Libitina as she tried to seductively walk away.

As she walked into the house, I waved my hands through my hair. I lightly slapped my cheeks to make sure this wasn't a dream.

"Libitina's back in my life... Cosgrove is dead...Felipe hates Gus... Spencer is depressed... Libitina's back in my life..." I said lightly to myself.

I was trying to keep my problems out of my mind while I tried to focus on my girlfriend. Wait a second...

I never asked Libitina out...

"Oh god...what if...what if she thinks we're just friends?" I said.

I stood up and rose to my feet. I walked into the house to look for Libitina.

I walked through the living room and dining room and Libitina was nowhere to be seen. I walked into the kitchen and still no dice.

I walked towards my bedroom and lightly knocked on the door. I placed my hand on the doorknob but the knob twisted in my hand.

Libitina opened the door and looked up at me.

"Yes?" She asked.

I scanned her up and down to see that she wasn't wearing any pants. She was just wearing my sweatshirt from before.

"W-Where did your pants go?!" I asked.

"They got dirty...you haven't taken me to get clothes yet..." She said.

"D-Do you want to go shopping for them?" I asked.

Libitina looked like she was filled with excitement.

"Y-Yes!"

Libitina ran over and got into a pair of running pants while I waited in the doorway. A smirk stretched across my face when I saw how excited Libitina was.

She walked towards me and followed me as we went outside the door. As I walked out I took a look at that painting that I got from Gus after my dreams.

Libitina placed a bunch of weird books around it with some candles. Whatever she saw in that painting, was different from what I saw.

I ignored it and got left out the door, Libitina following close behind me. We got into my car and rolled away from my house, that actually looked presentable.

Libitina rolled her window down and looked around. It was still quite cold out since it was only February, however the sun shined nicely over Ohio.

It was almost as if it was fall.

Libitina's hair flew through the air as she struggled to keep it from getting messed up. She rolled her window up and looked at me disappeared.

"D-Did my hair get messed up?" She asked.

"Noooooo..." I said while letting out a giggle. Her hair was sticking out in all directions.

She looked into the mirror on the ceiling and tried to fix it.

And I giggled the entire way to the mall.

-----------------------------------------------------------