Chapter Sixteen: One Shot

Standing before me on my doorstep, was Gus and his plus one, Logan. They looked somewhat nervous but Logan kept a poker face.

"What are you doing here?" I asked

"Can we come in for a sec?" Gus asked.

"Well I uh..."

"Thanks!" Logan said as he pushed the door open and walked into my house. Gus gave me an apologetic look as he followed Logan.

They sat down at my table and Libitina made more pancakes for Logan and Gus. Gus kept his mature figure while Logan ate his like a wolverine.

Kind of ironic how his name is Logan and he eats like a wolverine.

Anyway.

"You still haven't answered my question." I said.

"Oh yes. Cosgrove is on the move again." Gus said.

"Well that's apparent, he tried to kill me the other night!" I said.

"What?!" Libitina said.

Wait... I forgot that I didn't really tell Libitina about what happened. I tried to ignore Libitina to continue my conversation with Gus, however she stepped on my foot under the table.

"We just need to to...keep an eye out for him. We think that he's getting revenge on Spencer." Gus said.

"Assassination." Logan said.

"Y-Yes... assassination. Thank you, Logan." Gus said.

"Assassination? What's that, Harmon?" Libitina said.

"I'll explain later. Er guys, I'll keep an eye out for Cosgrove. I'll report to you tonight." I said.

"Take it easy." Gus said.

"Willco."

With that, Gus and Logan got up and I walked them out the door. Honestly, I was set by winning the lottery, so the NWG wasn't really useful anymore.

"Harmon?" Libitina said as I closed and locked the door behind Gus and Logan. I turned around to see she was a little concerned.

"Cosgrove isn't anything to worry about. Everything will be alright." I said.

"A-Alright...I trust you." She said.

I smiled gleefully at Libitina and she approached me. She gave me a peck on the cheek and whispered something in my ear.

"Now go get ready." She said.

I chuckled and followed Libitina's orders. I walked down the hallway towards the bathroom and got in. I started to take a shower and such.

By the time I was done, I couldn't find Libitina anywhere. She wasn't in her room, living room, kitchen, dining room, anywhere.

I walked towards the door and noticed it was unlocked. I walked through it to see Libitina was sitting outside by our tree. She seemed to he observed something.

"Libitina?" I asked.

It was a sunny afternoon as me and Libitina slept in a little. She was pulling on a rope that hung from the tree.

"What is this?" Libitina asked.

I walked towards her and noticed that there were two ropes hanging from the branch. It was an old swing that was broken before I moved in here.

"Oh that? It's just an old swing." I said.

"Can we fix it?" Libitina asked.

I was still kinda sore from Valentine's day by being stabbed and all that, but Libitina's puppy eyes were brainwashing me.

"Sure, Libitina." I said.

Me and Libitina walked into my garage and grabbed some supplies to fix the swing.

I carried a wooden board and the drill with all the bits it needed, and Libitina carried...the level.

I drilled holes into the board and tied the rope through the hole. Libitina helped me level it out and soon the swing was finished.

I whipped my forehead as I looked at my crafty work. It was actually well done.

"C-Can I swing on it?"

"Sure thing. Isn't that why we fixed it?"

"Y-Yeah."

Libitina climbed on the swing and I started to walk away to put my tools back.

"Haarmon."

I turned around to see Libitina looking back at me. She was swaying her legs back and forth.

"W-Will you push me?" She asked.

"Sure." I said.

I walked up behind Libitina and pulled back on the ropes. I pulled her back and released her.

The swing swung through the air as Libitina giggled with glee.

"You're such a kid, Libitina." I said.

Honestly I don't blame Libitina for wanting to be a kid. Considering she was in that hellish place her whole life, he having fun with herself made me happy.

I pushed Libitina on the swing for a while and the next thing I knew, it was half past four.

Me and Libitina went inside and started to have lunch. We decided to eat outside while we enjoyed our sandwiches.

"So what was school like?" Libitina asked as I almost took a bite of my sandwich.

"Oh it's was nothing. It was fun but...I was never good with literature class." I said.

"Like reading?"

"Yeah...I joined a club once but this one girl stabbed me with a pen.

"What?" Libitina said as she giggled. She let out a cute snort as she laughed so hard.

"Yeah...she was obsessed with reading this one book." I said.

"Yeah? What was the name of it."

"I think it was called Heaven Ain't Hard To Find."

Collab coming soon.

"What was her name?" Libitina asked.

"Isabelle I think...she was a scary girl."

"Not as scary as me though, right?"

Libitina grinned at me, showing me her fangs like always. She always scares me when she does that.

"Not even close." I said.

I finished my sandwich and I leaned my back up against the wall. Libitina inched closer to me and rested her head on my shoulder.

"I love laying on you." Libitina said.

"I enjoy it when you do."

I grabbed Libitina's hand and interlaced her fingers with me. We both sat there as the sun went over and shined behind my house.

I didn't even realize I fell asleep.

I woke up and check my phone. It was about 10:00 at night. Me and Libitina were still outside and it looked like it was about to rain.

I slowly got up and lifted Libitina into the house. She's gonna be up all night now...

I set her down on my couch and saw that I had a text from Gus.

It read.

"Cosgrove found Spencer."

-----------------------------------------------------------