Chapter Thirteen: How It's Gonna Be

I parked the car in one of the spots outside the camp and walked towards the entrance. I showed my identity to the guard and let me in.

"They made this place look...better." Libitina said.

She looked around and saw that there we lights hanging off the cabins. There we people walking around, and some of them looked like the people who were originally here. It seemed almost like a festival.

"Yeah, we saved all these people. You know that hospital?" I said as I pointed at the large building.

"Yeah?" Libitina said.

"That place has saved countless lives. It's no longer a test facility."

"All thanks to you..." Libitina said softly.

I chuckled a little bit.

"I wouldn't thank just me. There's also Spencer and Cos..."

I stopped myself from talking as that was still a sensitive subject. Libitina noticed that I stopped, however she quickly changed the subject.

"What's that?" She asked.

She pointed at a statue at the center of the camp. She pulled my hand towards the statue and showed it to me.

It was a bronze statue of a man holding a P345 and a scroll of paper. There were wings on his back and one tear coming from his eye.

"That's a memorial statue." I said.

"Who made it?"

"The people of camp Sabal." I said.

I pointed at the scroll that the statue was holding and there were names on it. They were the names of the people who were killed in this camp.

"You remember any of these people?" I asked.

"They're... familiar." Libitina said.

Libitina's face slightly frowned and she looked at me, misty eyed.

"They're dead...aren't they?"

"I'm sorry, Libitina." I said.

I hugged Libitina softly as she fought back tears. I guess she was having survivors guilt. If only the NWG got here earlier.

I let go of her and she faced the statue again.

"Who's the man holding the scroll?" She asked.

"Harper Sermon." A voice said behind us.

I turned around to see Logan walking towards us. He had a flower in his hand.

He walked between me and Libitina and placed a flower on the base of the statue.

"He was the only NWG agent that died during the invasion."

"He was one of the two casualties?" I asked.

"Yeah... Libitina counted as one but she lived."

"H-How did he die?" Libitina asked.

Logan held his head down.

"They were going to explode the hospital, but Harper sacrificed himself. He stayed there and held two wires together as he bled out."

Tears fell down Logan's cheeks as he stared at the ground.

"When we got there...it was too late."

"D-Did you know Mr. Sermon?" Libitina asked.

"He was...a good friend of mine." He said.

Logan whipped his eyes and looked around. He saw how beautiful the camp truly was now.

"He did this. He did this for you, me, Gus, all of us." He said.

Logan fixed the flower on the statue and then walked off. Me and Libitina watched as he slowly shuffled his feet away.

Libitina grabbed my hand and squeezed it a little. Me and her walked away towards one of the cabins.

"I'm glad they gave him a memorial." Libitina said.

"Me too." I said.

"Hey...wait." Libitina said.

"What?"

Me and Libitina were standing in a hallway of one of the cabins and pointed at one doorway in particular.

It looked like...my old room.

"Look!" She said.

She let go of my hand and skipped towards the doorway. She opened it and I panicked to catch up to her.

"L-Libitina! Someone could be in here!" I said.

I walked through the doorway, and luckily nobody was here. Libitina stood in the middle of the room and looked around.

There was a new desk, new nightstands and bed, and some more modernize stuff. Such as a electric fireplace.

"This place brings back memories." I said.

"Yeah, I'm happy this place doesn't look like it used to."

"Lost so much here, and gained so much here." I said.

"I lost something in this room." Libitina said.

Libitina turned her head as she giggled. For some reason...I didn't get the joke she just made. Her giggling suddenly stopped and she jumped up in the air in realization.

"Oh! We still gotta find my book!" Libitina said.

Libitina bolted out the room, grabbing my hand as she ran by and dragging me towards the exit.

"Slow don't Libitina. Your book isn't going anywhere." I said.

"O-Oh yeah...sorry." She said.

She stopped dragging me and we walked into the hospital. We walked through Wing A and towards her room.

She opened the door slowly to see that her rooms been repainted. It was actually someone's theraputic office.

Libitina saw a book case and ran towards it. She ripped out all of the books, but she couldn't find it.

I felt somewhat guilty about how Libitina was looking for a book she wouldn't find, but it's kinda hard to explain that a girl dressed like a stripper stole it from you.

Especially how said Stripper girl looked like a demon/angel thing and she just MAGICALLY appeared in your house.

No thank you.

"Where...where is it?" Libitina asked.

"Libitina...I don't think you're gonna find it."

"S-Shut up! Don't say that. It has to be here somewhere."

Libitina ran out the room and into another room. I stayed in the room and replaced all of the books.

I watched as Libitina tore each room apart. When she ran through the hallway I saw something start to appear on her forehead.

"Libitina?" I asked.

Libitina kept going into people's rooms and ignore me.

"Libitina?"

Still no response.

"Libitina!"

Libitina started to tear things apart as she looked. Her forehead started to glow a bright red.

I could see...

The third eye forming.

----------------------------------------------------------