Ep 8

I couldn't believe it. 

I sat close to the window in the carriage and looked through it at the roads we passed.

I felt his eyes, I knew he was looking at me but none of us spoke. I heard Only the creaking of the carriage and the galloping of the horses.

Willingly to stop the thoughts around my head, I closed the curtain and straightened my gaze directly at him.

His eyes blink and I let out a heavy sigh through my lips.

"Can you imagine our life now?" His question makes me scan his face.

"I don't know."

His eyebrows narrow in incomprehension.

-"You don't know?" His eyes widely open.

"We-" My transition from the seat opposite him to his seat is quick and I put my hand on his cheek and look into his eyes with his lips fluttering over his.

"What are we?" I'm smiling.

- "We will always be together."

"Always?" I ask, and he almost kisses me but stops.

He hums in his inner voice and I start to laugh.

- "Always, forever, forever." He says with a serious look on his face.

"I think about it now," I speak my thoughts, "and if you were a prince then," I take off his hat and put it on my hand, looking back into his eyes.

"I would do anything to marry you." It wasn't possible either, but from his look at me, I could see him smiling and lowering his head in embarrassment.

"Why are you laughing?" I ask and he comes back to look at me, coming a little closer so that I can feel his breath on my face.

"Don't you feel that?" He asks quietly, and I look at him with a puzzled look, nodding slowly.

"feel what?"

He kisses me on the lips.

- "As if we were once married?"

"Once?" I almost burst out laughing but managed to swallow my laughter quietly.

What was he talking about?

-"I'm serious." He says.

"When was this "once" were talking about?" I ask curiously.

- "We act like that."

"Are we acting like were married?"

He gives me a long look and then,

"I shouldn't have said that." He laughs.

"Would you marry me?" He stops laughing.

long silence.

Our carriage turns sharply and he grabs my body, his lips closing abruptly on my lips and my eyes closing.

I take the kiss as one long and charming answer that leaves my lungs oxygen-less and my heart is beating.

We get off the carriage next to the market filled with people who look at us and Joong-chan shows me the way.

I felt that thirstiness had increased so Joong-chan asked to stop midway so we could buy water and also because I wanted to see the lives of the people here.

we Headed toward the man standing by a lot of closed barrels and when we arrived he gave us a smiling look.

Before I could open my mouth and turn to Joong-chan, he had already bowed to the man and told him a few words in Korean.