Ep 5

Peter stood near the Korean soldiers and continued to talk to them, It started raining.  

I always liked to watch the rain drops the way I liked to look at the hot sun that caressed my face in Denmark all afternoon.

More than that, I loved the noise of the raindrops on the floor and the roofs of the huts close to our room.

We stand outside with my black lace dress after another round of cards, I realized that Peter had spent quite a bit of money and earned, by his winning smile.

The deputy commander left with the commander a few moments ago, he had a shy look on his face before he left, he looked up at me and I tried to ignore his gaze as much as possible even though I just wanted to look into his eyes and feel this warmth filling my body.

"Arent you cold, miss?" I look away at the voice talking to me and see one of the Korean soldiers I dont know.

"I'm fine thanks."

-"your Highness." He looks at me, understands who I am and immediately bows low in my face.

I laugh at his reaction.

"It's okay, you're not supposed to do it."

"I apologize, Your Excellency, I didnt notice it was you, I mean-"

I interrupt him and tell him again that it's alright and nothing happened.

He bows again and leaves. I look at him as he runs and his clothes get wet from the drops, laughing at how polite and kind they are to me.

I look at the drops of rain that wet our whole area, the Korean huts and the little houses, and probably mine and Peter's cabin that behind a few cabins from here.

Thinking to myself, I wish I could stay here for the rest of my life and not just for this trip.

"You've always loved the rain." Peter knew me too well, he knew a lot about me.

"Yes, the rain calms me."

-"How do you feel?" He looks at me, makes me break away from my calm thoughts.

"I feel good, how do you feel after such a game?"

"I feel great, I regret that we didnt came here earlier."

I agree with him in silence and listen to the rain.

"Did you ever get to know anyone from here?"

My heart is missing a beat.

"No, but if you saw the soldier-"

And his voice interrupts me.

"Yeah, it was Jo Min-ho."

I tried to distinguish between the tone of his normal voice and the tone he was talking to now.

- "He's one of the best."

"I think he tried to make a move on me until he really understood who I was."

When Peter started to laugh, my heart began to relax.

Because Peter couldnt have been jealous. He doesnt even love me ... like that.

"The soldiers here are desperate for a woman, you know."

I look at him questioningly.

"Why are you telling me that?"

- "Because they're closed here all the time." He whispers softly to me.

- "They cant get married."

"Why are you talking nonsense?" I sneer my eyes at Peter's words.

"I dont talk nonsense, do you think that as soon as someone falls in love with someone here he can function properly? they are the ones guarding the emperor."