Ep 6

I awoke to the chirping of birds and voices with hard tones I was not used to.   

The nightgown was on my body and as soon as I got up from the mattress I remembered the events of last night.

His lips traveled all over my body and left his smell and taste on my skin. I wanted to go back to last night and do the same things we did, I wanted to kiss his lips ceaselessly as I did, as if they were the oxygen of my lungs.

I remember walking out of the cabin- the general's playroom, the two of us looking the way we had entered, his military hat back to his head and his coat looking ironed after spending several hours on the floor. We stood together and looked at the moon, then he twined his fingers with my fingers and wished me a good night.

I looked at his gaze, his eyes looking at my lips and he came a little closer.

"I would kiss you, but I know I cant stop-"

And I interrupted him with a quick kiss on his lips, which made him grab my hand, make me laugh and stop about a second later.

-"I love you." He whispered, he stood a few inches from me but made it look as if he were telling me to go back to the room, and only I knew what his lips whispered to me, so I tightened my grip on his hand and whispered for the first time.

"I love you."

And here was Peter, dressed and ready, sitting on the wooden floor and a bamboo brush stuck between his fingers. I wondered what he was doing at such an early hour and he noticed me.

I closed my eyes at the sound of his voice.

"My dear, how did you sleep?" He asks, looking back at the rice paper on the floor.

I got up from the mattress and made my way to him quietly.

"I slept well." I smile, Peter raises his head and looks at my smile and his eyebrows shrink in confusion.

He leaves the bamboo brush on the floor and gets up.

"I see you've had a good dream tonight." He comes over and puts his hand on my hair, stroking it.

"Well ..." I dont finish my sentence and he nods, I let him continue nodding and continue to believe that I had really had a good dream tonight, half of my night was a dream that came true.

"I'll call Nora to dress you up and then go out to the breakfast room so we dont miss the spectacular military parade I've been longing to see since yesterday." He speaks to me and then picks up his paper and brush from the floor.

While Peter was in the room, I quickly opened one of my suitcases and took out a dress without Peter calling Nora.

- "I'll call Nora-" he says, "I'm alright, Peter." I answer with a smile and ask him to leave the room, and he, with that confused look and frowning brows, leaves the room and leaves me smiling for the morning military parade.

I had begun to imagine what he would look like today, though I knew he would look exactly the same as last night, only nicer when he was with me than in my imagination.

When the door of the room opened and exposed Nora, who hurried to help me with my dress, I greeted her in the morning and she smiled at me with her charming smile, asking how I was.

And all I could answer was those words, "I never felt better than that."

They came out of me quietly and surprisingly, so as we looked at each other through the mirror, she tucked my hair into her braid and picked it up, then she took a rectangular box from the pocket of her dress and set a crown with cherry blossoms made of gems. The crown was made of gold, a crown my eyes had never known before.