🌹🔪Chapter 8: Suspicious Birthday Gift 🔪🌹

YOUR POV

A week has passed and today is Erin's 8th birthday. I called Mr. Williams for a day-off and he said it's fine and someone could cover for me. Right now, I entered the bakery shop and pick up Erin's birthday cake.

"Hi, I'm here to pick up my daughter's birthday cake. Order no.25" I said to the baker.

"Ah yes,Order no.25, you're just in time." He said as he place the cake box on the table."Cash or Card?"

"Oh yes, here you go." I give him my credit card. Then he gives back my credit card. I pick up the box. "Thank you very much."

"You're very welcome!" The baker said. I head out and walk over to my car. I put the box onto the passenger seat and pull out my phone. I decided to call Richard.

"Hello?"

"Hi Richard, today's Erin's birthday and I was wondering if you could come and join us. Are you free today?"

"Well, you're in luck cause I am. But are you sure you want me to be there? I mean this is a family celebration and I don't want to interrupt the celebration."

"Of course, it's okay. Actually, Erin is wondering if you're going. You're her babysitter after all. So... Will you come please?"

"Sure. I don't want to make the little princess disappointed. I'll be there in a few."

"Okay, bye Richard."

"Bye (Y/n)."

Then I hang up. I received another call and it's Levi.

"Hello? Levi?"

"Hey beautiful, Me and your mother just arrived. And I was wondering if you could pick up some more balloons?"

"Sure. I'll be there in an hour. What color?"

"We need 5 more pink and white balloons."

"Okay, I'll see you later and tell Mom I said hi."

"Of course. Later my love."

I hang up and put my phone away. I buckle up and on my way to the mall.

~Later~

I finally got the balloons and I head back to the house.

Once I arrived at the house, I stopped the engine and bring the cake and the balloons. (And a secret surprise for Erin.)

I close the door and head out to the backyard. "I'm back!"

"Hey honey!" Levi peck my cheek and help me with the cake and the balloons.

"Where's mom?" I asked.

"She's upstairs getting Erin ready. Go ahead, I'm just gonna set this up." Levi said.

I nodded and left. I head upstairs over to Erin's room. I open the door and I saw my mother helping Erin.

"Mommy!" Erin walk towards me and give me a hug.

"Hello sweetie, are you excited for your party?" I asked her.

"Yeah, I can't wait!"

I look up and I give my mom a hug. "Hello Mom, it's good to see you again."

"You too honey. It was only like yesterday when my granddaughter is just a tiny baby and now she's grown-up and I'm sure she'll be just like you one day." She said.

"I'm sure Mom." I said.

"Okay, I'll head downstairs and leave you two alone. Some mother and daughter time." She said.