Dirty Little Secret

Dirty Little Secret by All American Rejects

Dan POV

"Wasn't expecting that now!" Kyle laughed slightly as I looked at Chris walking away. Here I was trying to tell myself not get involved with her. She was damaged beyond my repair, at least that is what everyone had been telling me.

"Kyle I can't stay away from her if we are touring with them for a month. There is no way I can stop myself." I sighed as Kyle covered his face with his hands.

"Just be very careful Dan. I can't babysit you around her. You're my best friend...she'll hurt you. Can't you tell? She can't be fixed. I know ever since you got straight and cleaned up, you try and help everyone." I shook my head before taking the little note out and handing it to him. Kyle stopped for a moment and read it again before chuckling slightly.

"She left it as you can tell..."

"Well...She may seem nice and act like a good girl, but remember what I told you." I stood up and looked at the guys before nodding slowly. Will smirked slightly and stood up.

"I say we go spend some time with little miss Martin." He sprinted off down the stairs and hopped onto the stage after showing his pass to security. I grumbled before running after him with Woody and Kyle behind me. We'd made it backstage, food set out for dinner and bottles of water along with plenty of booze. She was sitting down, enjoying a glass of wine as she had some pasta in a small bowl. She didn't see me cause she was busy talking to her brother and laughing. Will had already made it across the room and offered his hand to all of them, introducing himself before waving us over.

"These are my band mates, Woody, Kyle, and Dan." We all shook hands, Diana and I sat next to each other but didn't say a word about the night we spent together.

"So you're on tour with us all month?" She chimed in, looking around at all of us before looking at me. She seemed slightly angered by the idea of me being around, a constant reminder of what she had done. I felt guilty and sad at this point, exactly what Kyle had warned me about. Putting my eggs into the basket that had no hope at all. She wasn't planning to see me again.

"Yup." I laughed slightly. "Don't worry we won't get in your way...we'll practice tomorrow since we were late today. I slept in by accident and that's why we were late." Wow I had made this awkward now. Good job Dan.

"We don't mind having you around Mr. Smith. Now if you excuse me boys, I need to get some rest." I nodded slowly, giving a smile to her, noting that it was only 9pm and most musicians didn't sleep this early just because we were so used to staying up late. She stood up and walked out of the room before the silence took over.

"Sorry about my sister. I assume you all know about her past choices. She's sometimes a little off."

"I'm gonna go check on her." Guy stood up, walking out of the room to join Diana on the bus. I assumed they didn't trust her being alone.

"Yeah we heard. Is she well? Or is something wrong?" Kyle looked at me then Chris who shook his head.

"She's uh slipping up a little bit, luckily it's not on drugs or anything. Just sort of the attitude she used to have." He looked down at his food before sighing and looking at us. "It would be nice if you all helped watch over her." I nodded slowly before sipping my beer.

"Of course mate. I think of a tour group as a dysfunctional family. If you need us for anything just ask." I stood up before yawning. "I think I'm gonna turn in guys." Kyle nodded standing as well. I guess he could tell that I wasn't really tired and wanted to talk about what's happening. Chris smiled before nodding and standing as well with the rest of his band mates already leaving the room.

"See you tomorrow!"

I walked out to our tour bus before sitting on the sofa, grabbing a pillow and yelling into it to release some of the anger. Kyle, Woody, and Will had boarded the bus behind me. Kyle sat down beside me, Will and Woody sat on the other sofa.

"Told you she was dangerous! I even warned you about her-"

"Shut up Kyle!" I yelled before taking a deep breath and shaking my head.
"I'm gonna talk to her tomorrow then we have the show the next day alright. It's gonna be great." I mumbled before standing up and heading upstairs to lay down in my bunk. I closed my eyes, nearly falling asleep before the sound of sirens filled my ears, right outside of the bus. I felt my nauseous once the possible answer to those sirens hit me. Diana.